PDA

View Full Version : What a Guy!

02-27-2002, 11:35 PM
I sit down and buy chips. I wait for the blind to get to me. As it does, the player two seats to my left says, "I will take the blind in that seat." Being the nice, easy-going guy I am, I let him have the seat and trasfer over to his seat, planning to wait the two additional hands for my big blind.

The guy takes his blind and there are two limpers; small blind folds and our hero raises and they both call. Flop is A-K-x. He checks and the 1st limper bets. Second limper folds and our hero folds, flipping over pocket tens.

Two hands later in my blind, there are again two limpers. Small blind calls, and I raise with, what else, pocket tens. Flop comes T-7-2 and I win a semi-big pot. When I show my pocket tens the guy says, "Story of my f---ing life."

Later on we are 5-handed and I have the big blind. UTG raises, next guy folds and our hero, who is on the button, looks up and says "Who raised?" He has the button, the guy on his left has two chips in front of him, I have 3 chips in front of me, and the raiser has 6 chips in front of him. There is only one other player at the table, and he has gotten up to do some deep knee bends after mucking.

The dealer says, "The player with 6 chips raised." Our hero says "I don't have my glasses, I can't tell who raised." I then ask him how he knew there was a raise at all.

Deafening silence.

What a guy.

And no, Brett, it wasn't Archie. But it might as well have been.

02-27-2002, 11:46 PM
My favorite is when only one player enters the pot, the sb folds, and the bb asks, Who raised? It should be standard procedure for the dealer to respond, The other player, sir.

02-28-2002, 06:29 AM
Thank you for that story. I can go to bed now smiling. Absolutely hilarious.

Mojay

02-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Sometimes when the 15/30 at AJ's is all revved up, with it's five-bet cap and all, the most informative preflop question is, "Who didn't raise?"

Tommy

02-28-2002, 03:26 PM
That's like shopping with my wife. Sometimes it's quicker and easier for us to tell the sales clerk what she doesn't want.