PDA

View Full Version : Five hands playing 3-20 spread limit hold'em, did i screw up?

Eric P
12-07-2003, 06:40 AM
tonight i lost my whole stake (i shouldn't have even played with the low buy in i had, but ignore that).

I was playing 3-20 spread at my friends home game. all hold'em. I ended up losing 350 which i bought in for, this game basically plays like a 10-20-20-20 game. Occasionally the pre-flop will go to 50+ though, lots of very very loose weak players, a couple of maniacs who really just don't have a clue. So tell me if i screwed any of these hands up, i don't think i did, but i would like to see what people think about these hands:

Hand one: 66 three from the button in a 9 handed game, 2 callers in front of me i limp for 3 bucks button and blinds check/call. FLOP is 6c Jc Tc. Check check, then a bet of ten, i'm certain i'm ahead here, but realize the vunerablilty of my hand, i decide i need to raise, but making it twenty won't do any good to get someone with any sort of playable (possibly any) club. I make it twenty and two people plus the original rasier call. Turn is a 5c making a 4 flush on board, raiesr bets 10, i call, call, fold. River is nothing raiser bets 10 i fold call behind me and the raiser had the K which was good.

Hand 2:
I have AK in MP and player to my right who is respectable for sure makes it 15 to open it, i would have just called, because of the implied odds if it were just 3 dollars because the raise usually makes no one fold that would have otherwise called at this game. However i see this as a chance to isolate another big ace so i make it 35 and get 1 caller plus the rasier. Flop is an Ad Td 3s. Raiser bets 20 i make it 40 button cold calls raiser mucks. Turn is Kc i bet the full amount of 20 and button calls. River is a 2d i check call and lose to 45d.

Hand 3: I have JTo on the button and limp along with about 5 others. Flop is JT4 with two clubs, check to me i bet 20 and get two callers. Turn is a 6h checked to me i bet 20 get one call. River is anohter club which could not make a striaght, he bets i call he has the clubs.

Hand 4: I have AK and the raiser from hand 2 makes it 15 again, i make the same play to 35, extremely loose maniac that bets almost every time but has thus far folded to my raises makes it 50 (i know not really legal raise but we don't want to speak up about something that minute) raiser folds i call. Flop is T 8 5 rainbow i bet 20 he call. Turn is a J check check. River is a 2 or something meaningless i check he checks he shows QT and wins.

Hand 5: i'm down to about 90 and get KQh on the button with about five people flopping for 15 from an early rasie to Q83 all diamonds. A bet of 20 which i know i can beat comes out but player on my right makes it 40, part of my thinke he might have the flush, but i've seen this guy bluff with 23 to the river on hands like this. Still i'm almost certain i'm beat, but didn't REALLY care enough. I make it 60 and say whatever it was for all in and he had K3 of diamonds. i can't make a running boat and i get up leave and win 150 playing NL with some drunk friends.

I don't really need anyone to tell me that i couldn't be good on the last hand i knew i was beat but played poorly anyway. I don't think i screwed up any of the other hands except for not folding on the rie when the flushes hit. Although i'm not sure if i'm really supposed to folding to a 20 dollar bet when the pot is 250+ even though my easy to read opponent played it exactly like he had a flush draw.

Anyways would like ot hear some comments

SevenStuda
12-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey, do you think you could get me into this game?

elysium
12-07-2003, 11:38 PM
hi eric
hand 5)....whew. you got a little carried away. i'm sure you realize that it was a pretty clear fold when facing a reraise like that, and you'll just have to use more self-control in the future. by the way, KQs is often over-played because it is the most aesthetic of all suited connectors, both cards having lots of color; king and queen in stately attire; people in need of parental supervision find a mom and dad thing about KQs; old fashioned heterosexualism; england comes to mind; the british like to hold onto things and all; and so you follow king and queen to the river on a 5967X board none of your suit.

it's hard to muck mom and pop, while KJ on that board would be scandalous.

the only other thing i see is hand 4); you need to bet the turn here. all the other hands were played well.