PDA

View Full Version : I tried to get tricky and it got ugly.

Nottom
12-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
nottom has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

MP1 limps, nottom raises, Button 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, nottom calls

Flop(10 1/2 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP1 checks, nottom checks, Button bets, MP1 calls, nottom knows he should raise but calls anyway

Turn(6 3/4 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP1 checks, nottom thinks he can get his raise in here and checks, Button foils his plans and checks

River(6 3/4 BB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif - well that should kill any action i may have gotten

MP1 bets, nottom raises, Button folds, MP1 thinks for a bit and 3-bets, nottom calls

Bleh.

rkiray
12-06-2003, 09:20 PM
First of all why did you raise preflop? I'd call. But I admit KQo plays better short handed, so I guess that's one reason to raise. Check raise on the flop seems automatic, but I've posted a couple of hands recently when I didn't play as aggresively as I should have either.

On the river I'd call since someone may have made their flush, and they might raise you back.

sam h
12-06-2003, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all why did you raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you probably have the best hand and you may be able to isolate the limper and get a fold without improvement. This should be an automatic raise from the cutoff against all but the tightest of limpers.

rkiray
12-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Actually I screwed up here. Didn't notice he was the co. Now it is obvious. Sorry about the earlier post.

Alobar
12-06-2003, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On the river I'd call since someone may have made their flush, and they might raise you back.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already has the nut flush, I'd be more worried about losing to the full house, that it looks like either MP1 picked up the river or was slow playing since the flop.

rkiray
12-06-2003, 09:40 PM
OK, I totally screwed up here. I guess I shouldn't be doing three things at the same time (one of which is drinking wine). This is probably my most embarassing post ever.

Alobar
12-06-2003, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is probably my most embarassing post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that? There was nothing wrong with THIS post. Now the post about 2 posts ago, well.... ;P

rkiray
12-06-2003, 09:54 PM
My, my, why is everyone picking on me tonight? This post is really picky. OK it was the earlier post in this thread. This is at least the fifth person picking on me tonight. What's up? I never claimed to be perfect. You make several hundred posts, there will probably be a few dumb ones. Have I done something to offend this forum recently?

Alobar
12-06-2003, 10:08 PM
sorry man, I was just giving you sh*t. My parents didnt hug me enough as a child so I try and grab attention through humor /images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully you can forgive me

rkiray
12-06-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm not worried about it. I'm just curious. I've caught more sh*t tonight than I can ever remember on this forum. Just wondering if there was a reason.

Alobar
12-06-2003, 10:14 PM
The planets must just be aligned against you....damn those things!

Nottom
12-07-2003, 01:13 PM
I probably cost myself the pot with my retarded play this time.

EP had 99 and rivered the 2-out boat. He seemed like a reasonable player so if I would have shown agression like I should have its likely he would have folded.