PDA

View Full Version : HATE the way I played this hand

worm33
12-06-2003, 05:25 PM
30-60 canterbury....im dealt aq in early middle posistion. 3 folds, I raise, strong player 3 bets a loose aggressive player on the button 4 bets. SB calls. I call.

Flop comes q102 rainbow. Sb comes out betting. I call. 2 calls behind me. Turn is a 6. Sb bets. I call. 2 calls behind me. river pairs the deuce. Bet call fold fold. Comments?

www.geocities.com/rakebrake (http://www.geocities.com/rakebrake)

Gabe
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
I can see folding before the flop after the fourth bet. I can see waiting for the turn to reraise, since if you raise the flop AK would still have the odds to draw.

Duke
12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Similar hand for me last night.

I open raise UTG with AQo. LAG 3-bets, and strong player 4-bets. Folded back to me, and I folded.

~D

Diplomat
12-06-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm with the crowd of two, folding pre-flop is not that bad when it comes back for two more bets.

I think your decisions from then on are largely dependent on your knowledge of the small blind. I think you should raise the turn to push out hands like AK. The river call is automatic.

-Diplomat

worm33
12-07-2003, 02:56 AM
I called the river expecting to see one of 4 hands...AA KK AQ and in the back of my mind was q10. He showed kq, and i scooped the pot. Even though I expected to see a hand that beat mine, I cleary should have raised the turn after both the 3 bettor and 4 bettor both just called the flop. And I totaly disagree with the pre-flop fold. I was in somewhat of a steal posistion in a 9 handed game, and got 3 bet by a good player, but that could have been a variety of hands, and the aggressive player 4 betting could have been anything from aa down to 10-9 suited. The sb calling all the bets scared the crap out of me though. But no matter what in a pot like that, when I let the 2 guys behind me both draw live, it was a big mistake.

www.geocities.com/rakebrake (http://www.geocities.com/rakebrake)

andyfox
12-07-2003, 03:21 AM
"4 betting could have been anything from aa down to 10-9 suited."

I don't remember the last time I saw a 4-bet with T-9. I suppose I've seen it, but I'd be willing to bet I've seen a 4-bet 100 times each with A-A, K-K, Q-Q or A-K since then.

A-Q just ain't that good a hand with two players behind you who have already seen you say "I have a good hand" and raised and raised again anway.

Eric P
12-07-2003, 06:52 AM
never played at canterbury but with the people i play with that probably wouldn't call 2 bets sometimes cap it just because they want in a big pot. This is at 10-20 i have to imagine there are players that will play suited connectors for four bets just becuase they have a chance to make a huge hand.

elysium
12-08-2003, 12:02 AM
hi worm
the only issue is whether you should have called the reraise on the pre-flop. you seem to have a good read on the opponents your up against here, and there are some opponents who you should call. agaist the better opponents, however, you have a clear pre-flop fold after your raise falters behind you. as for the the rest of the hand, unless you feel that a raise would have cut down the field, calling is fine. your likely into some crippled outs considering the pre-flop raises and overs aren't a serious threat to you. although a case can be made for raising on the turn. it is pretty much nullified though by the extra over-calls calling gives you. i'd say that unless one of the LP's is prone to raising as a semi-bluff, you can safely just call it down. the only real room for a raise on the turn would be to prevent a bluff raise on the river, and i just don't think that's the case here. you played it fine.