PDA

View Full Version : pokersavvy.com

M2d
12-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Just found this site. Not sure if this is the correct forum, but it's a review:

The site has a book reviewer who gives Helmuth's book a better review than TOP.

Nuff said.

Nottom
12-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Is this also the place with the "Sklanski ate my brain" articles? Oh yeah, they really know their stuff.

tpir90036
12-07-2003, 03:19 AM
yeah. make sure you recommend that site to everyone you meet at the tables. i would love to face more hellmuth readers than sklansky readers any day.

colgin
12-07-2003, 09:26 AM
I am trying to decide what is worse, the bad writing or the terrible poker advice. I vote that terrible poker advice edges out bad writing in a close call at what is certainly one of the the worst poker sites to date. I would send them some feedback but why encourage them to stop misinforming others. I live in NY and would love to track down these NY-based "semi-professional" poker players for my home game. If you want a real laugh, after you finish the anti-Sklansky screed, go read the article about the clueless and classless play of the site founder (as well as his delusions of grandeur) when he ran into Chris Moneymaker in a pot limit hold 'em game. And this guy thinks he should be giving out poker advice.

JoeU
12-07-2003, 01:02 PM
I recently stumbled across this site after looking for the "Sklansky Ate My Brain" article. The only thing I can think of after reading some of the stuff there is that this guy read TOP and a few other books, took a very bad beat with AA, and decided to build a web site about his misfortune after following Sklansky's advice. Most people cry to their neighbor, their wife, or their friends about having a big hand cracked; this guy built a web site. Different people have different ways of dealing with anger. This guy did it through his computer. Next time pal, just kick your dog or something and spare us please! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Miah
12-08-2003, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky may have let me down, but every once in awhile, I'd find myself going back for another dose of his teachings. And every time I did, I'd start another losing streak. Superstition? Maybe. More likely, Sklansky is fine for pro versus pro, but outside places like the Taj Mahal in AC or Binion's in Vegas, his advice simply doesn't work. Sklansky just isn't suited for the kind of games that I, and most people in America, usually play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha

This site is pretty funny