PDA

View Full Version : Smuting trout(fisherman's post)

Ed I
12-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Is there a better way to spend a mild Dec. afternoon than than casting to dimpling trout?

"Were it not for the strong, quick life of rivers, for their sparkle in the sunshine, for the cold grayness of them under rain and the feel of them about my legs as I set my feet hard down on rocks or sand or gravel, I should fish less often." Haig-Brown

Zeno
12-06-2003, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a better way to spend a mild Dec. afternoon than than casting to dimpling trout?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about sitting by a cozy fire, sipping some first-rate scotch while fondling a young woman's firm ripe breasts in anticipation of the main course. So Yes, I think there is. But fishing is a close second. OK?

Is the quote you posted from "A River Never Sleeps"?

Glad you had an enjoyable day on the river.

-Zeno

Ed I
12-06-2003, 11:32 AM
"Confessions of a Fly Fishing Addict" by Nick Lyons. I don't know which one of Haig-Brown's books it was from if any.

Other pursuits are best left for evenings.

Ray Zee
12-06-2003, 11:35 AM
not many better things to do. its raining cats and dogs today so im homebound. i might change the oil in my airplanes engine for some fun. the other day i hiked into glacier national park to avalance lake. only about a foot or so of snow but packed down so walking was easy. beautiful. and got to watch a pine marten in a tree for awhile. you dont get to see too many of those in your life.
last winter saw some otters there for about an hour playing through holes in the ice.

trout fishing is slow here now but great for lake superior whitefish in the river if you like catching 1 or 2 pound fighters that look like a sucker.