PDA

View Full Version : Stars 30 + 3 2 table SnG

Schmed
12-05-2003, 05:14 PM
we have been through about an orbit and a half on the final table and are down to 7. I am the ss with 780 chips. The next smallest stack has around 2000 chips. In the BB, (now have 680 plus my BB), I get 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

blinds are 50 & 100

UTG raises the min and makes it 200 to go. All folds to me. I call.

Flop comes

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I push all in.

UTG player thinks for a sec and calls, he turns over A9o. I don't improve and bust out.

It may have been a mistake calling with that 56s but I figured he was raising either a pair or high cards. I thought if my flush draw hit I would push and hopefully take the pot right there. If I didn't I would still have the draw to fall back on. I really needed to make something happen. The next time around the blinds were going to be 75-150 and while I would be able to make it through I just don't know if I would have had enough to make the money. If I double up there I'm over 1400 and back in the game.

As always all thoughts appreciated.

CrisBrown
12-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi Schmed,

Were I in your situation, this would be probably a 50/50 decision. If I felt like the stealer was someone who'd lay down to an all-in reraise, if I felt like I were going to have to pull off a draw to get back in, etc., then yes. If there were 2+ people in the pot already, almost definitely.

I guess what I'm saying is, I can't criticize your play here. You were going to have to move on one of your next five hands, and you already had money in this one, with only a small call, and a suited connector.... Sorry that it didn't work out.

Cris