PDA

View Full Version : Getting in the Multi-Table Game

Prickly Pete
12-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I play primarily SnGs and want to get back into playing the occasional NLHE multi. I'm not interested in being one of the 1000 plus that play in Party's tourneys. So, in your opinion, where is the competition the weaker, Ultimate or Stars? (And yes I know about the superior Stars software.) I would've first thought Stars was tougher, but I wonder if that dam "Bet Pot" button on Ultimate has evened things out.

Bozeman
12-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Nope, Ultimate players are still much weaker. They may make the right bet (pot sized) more often, but when they bet (or call) is still fishy.

Craig

CrisBrown
12-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi BFBanks,

I agree with Bozeman that the level of play is (generally) better at PokerStars than at UltimateBet. The structure at PokerStars (starting with 1500 vs. 1000 chips, longer blind rounds) also favor better players.

However, PokerStars doesn't cap tournament entries, so many of their multi-table tourneys do have 800-1000 players. At UB the tournaments are capped at 400. So if you're looking to avoid "huge" tournaments that are going to take all day, you'd probably have better luck at UB.

Cris