PDA

View Full Version : BOSS tourney

rkiray
12-05-2003, 02:49 PM
I enjoyed last night's tourney. In the past there was talk of a Best of Small Stakes (BOSS) tourney. I think we should go for it. Maybe the first week of January. I'd be willing to organize it (probably won't do as good a job as Mike though). Maybe shoot for the first week in January? I recommend we do it at True. Hopefully they will continue to provide some nice bonuses.

BigEndian
12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Schedule permitting, I'm in. 30+3?

- Groove

rkiray
12-05-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm very open to size of tourney and date/time. 30+3 sounds great. Like to hear from others. I think either a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Sunday night would be good (other tourneys have been on Thursday, maybe we should try a different night to let people who can't play on Thursday in?) Love to hear any opinions on day and entry fee.

lil'
12-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I think this would be a blast.

Do we have to use True? Their software is so stooooooopid.

Bob T.
12-05-2003, 06:03 PM
If we could do it on a sunday/monday night, I am in.

Bob T.
12-05-2003, 06:15 PM
30+3, or 20+2, both work for me.

I nominate Sunday night as a good alternative to the Thursday Zoo events.

rkiray
12-05-2003, 06:24 PM
I only have accounts at True, Paradise, and UB. I don't think the other two would host a private tourney. If everyone really wants somewhere else (say Stars) I could go for it. But would they want to give us as good a deal as True?

rkiray
12-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Sunday would be my first choice also.

Brian
12-05-2003, 06:35 PM
How about Beast of the Small Stakes?

-Brian

crockpot
12-05-2003, 06:36 PM
count me in on this. i feel like pulling a benedict arnold on the zoo. you ss guys seem to have more fighting spirit in these tourneys anyway...

HUSKER'66
12-05-2003, 07:05 PM
I'd be interested in hearing more details as soon as they are available. Given enough notice, count me in.

TruePoker CEO
12-05-2003, 07:57 PM
What seems to work well is appointing someone like Rkiray as liason with us to work out details. The BOSS would be YOUR tourney, so let us know what YOU would like and we'll see how we can accomodate it.

I am sure between us we can think of something appropriate to add value for both the players and the site.

Truepoker CEO

brian0729
12-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Ditto what Husker said and thanks for the tourney Mr. True.

Joe Tall
12-05-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm in.

Peace,
JT

JTG51
12-06-2003, 12:17 AM
I can't commit to anything this far in advance but I'd probably play. Sunday night would be my first pick also. I most likely could not play on a Tuesday.

CrackerZack
12-06-2003, 02:37 AM
I'm in kickin' old school style.

Gomez22
12-06-2003, 03:27 AM
I don't know what kind of bonuses they might give, but what about TGC? They're hosting the OIC, and alot of us already ahve accounts there.... also, the TGC guy seems pretty good at getting back to us on things and actually LISTENING to our opinions..... THey gave a set of clay chips for the HU, I'm sure they could do something similar as a bonus prize for us..... what do you guys think?

Brian
12-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Hi Gomez,

I don't think that 2+2 should turn their backs on True Poker. They have been very generous so far, and have not given us any reasons to change our host. Also, their software is much better IMO.

-Brian

HUSKER'66
12-06-2003, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, their software is much better IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
12-06-2003, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, their software is much better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I can't follow the action and watch football on Sunday night on True, there is no 'scroll' to se who's raised/called etc. You have to try to interpet it by looking at the chips on the table.

Anything is better than True, sorry True guy.

Peace,
JT

rkiray
12-06-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm not fond of True's graphics either. But in January it will be playoff time and I don't think there will be football games in the evening. My thought right now is to shoot for Jan. 11 at 8 PM EST. Is 9 PM bettter? Could we do it on the 4th instead (I'm afraid many people may be traveling on that day)? I think True has been very responsive to us also, and I'd prefer to stay with them. But I'm considering opening an account at TGC, so if a majority wanted to go there it's ok with me. But so far I think True is still ahead.

Joe Tall
12-06-2003, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But in January it will be playoff time and I don't think there will be football games in the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they specifically started in the evening to be closer to 'prime time'. No? I can't remember. I'll have to check.

Peace,
JT

Gomez22
12-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Just a suggestion(sp?) Brian... that's all. I know a couple others mentioned wanting to do something somplace elce... just thought I'd give another option......

pudley4
12-06-2003, 01:32 PM
JT, we gotta figure out how to get your software to display the LOGS window. It shows the last several hands in their entirety.

pudley4
12-06-2003, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about Beast of the Small Stakes?

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

You really want thomastem involved???

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rkiray
12-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah,

This is important. I don't want to compete against football playoff games. If they are in the evening, I'd recommend Monday night so Bob T. can play and there are other 2+2 events on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I think a different night is nice to give people who can't play on those nights a chance to participate. I'm almost sure that there is no Monday night playoff games (except maybe the first week?)

rkiray
12-06-2003, 01:43 PM
I hope TT decides to play. I want another last longer bet. Also dead money is always welcome in a tourney. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bob T.
12-06-2003, 02:02 PM
I believe the divisional playoff series, play at 1130 and 315pm EST, so that they don't overlap. The first two weeks, they play saturday and sunday, and then the thrid week sunday only. The only late game, is the Superbowl, which starts at some strange time, like 618pm EST, so it wanders into prime time.

I like the idea of playing on the 11th, and either 8 or 9 EST works for me. Actually, 9 works better, because my son is more likely to be asleep, or at least sleepy by then.

JTG51
12-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Add my vote (if I have one) to the 11th at 9PM too. That sounds like the best option so far.

Inthacup
12-06-2003, 02:41 PM
I'd like to play because I enjoy playing the best comepition I can find. However, my team is the Zoo and that's far and away where I make the most posts. If that disqualifies me from this tourney, so be it. But, I'd like to play.

Cup

rkiray
12-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm planning on letting anyone who participates in these forums in. As a matter of fact, since there are no teams involved so we don't have to worry about even numbers, I thought I'd just post a password on this forum. The KOTZ is open to anyone isn't it? If people don't like this and want me to exclude zoo people or only allow people with a certain number of posts (say at least 50 with the SS forum being the "home" forum for the person (if I see more SS posts than zoo posts in their profile for example)) speak up now. I think open posting of the password is the way to go. Plus I really hope TT decides to enter.

Joe Tall
12-06-2003, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we gotta figure out how to get your software to display the LOGS window. It shows the last several hands in their entirety.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing, it's not cut-n-dry to set up for a dummy like me. Frankly, it should be default. However, I still think it sucks. I like TGC as far as 'sub-par' sites go.

Peace,
JT

wontons
12-06-2003, 03:25 PM
how do i get to be in one of those zoo tourneys at stars?

Bob T.
12-06-2003, 04:19 PM
I think the more, the merrier. I'd like another chance to lose ten bucks to inthacup. If you are a lurker, and this sounds fun. Come'on in, and play.

Whenever I have played multitable tournaments in the past, and I do it occasionally, maybe once every month or two, it seems that early on, there is a lot of dead money, and casual play. Then when there is about 40% of the field left, it turns into a dogfight, where everyone is playing every hand tough. The other night, the dogfight started about hand 1. Actually, for me, about hand 11, because I had some software issues, and then after I got that fixed, my son needed DADDY to help him with his diaper. But right away at the first table, everyone was dangerous, and I don't remember any hands that got played even 4 handed.

The other thing that I thought was cool, is watching other 2+2 players play. When you get nine opponents that are playing the game with the level of aggression that gets talked about here, it makes every decision and hand an important one, because you have to invest a fair number of chips, just to see the hand through, even if it doesn't go to showdown.

Even though I got eliminated early, I thought that I had a good learning experience, just by playing in the event.

I can't believe that I took a night off from work to play in a $20 buy-in tourney, against that tough of competition though /images/graemlins/grin.gif. The other nice thing was, that after I got eliminated, I ran good in both a 5-10, and 3-6 game for about 4 hours, and posted a nice win for the night.

Bob T.
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Go over to the internet forum, they will have the info there.

rkiray
12-06-2003, 04:26 PM
I got there about 45 minutes early. I was in such a good 2/4 game I almost didn't want to give up my seat to play in the tourney.

Mike Haven
12-06-2003, 04:29 PM
You have to make at least 25 "acceptable" posts in The Zoo (the Internet Forum) and then ask "King Simon I" for admission.

rkiray
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Do we want to do this? Sounds like a lot of work for not much value. I think just publishing the password in this forum should be enough. Also I don't think TT has 25 acceptable posts in this forum. Especially if we penalize him for all his unacceptable posts. I don't know if he wants to play or not though.

Bob T.
12-06-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't know about publishing the password, I think PM'ing the password, so it is limited to registered user's of the forum is good enough.