PDA

View Full Version : playing bad when tired

nykenny
12-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Last night's session was a disaster. Many may say i deserve to lose, afterall, i do play fairly loose. Well denial is one's best defense. I don't think i played as badly as i should lose that much (50BB = $1000).

it indeed was a LONG session. i normally get up between 2 to 3 hours of play (when i win hehe), because that's the amount of hours i am comfortable with for a regular session. Notice, i still have to go back to work and school and home life after the poker session and a short night of sleep. So hit and run becomes my major tactic.

sometimes i don't hit, so i don't run (another bad habbit). I realized i was tired and not focus.

maybe it is not the smartest thing to do.

brad
12-06-2003, 10:01 PM
yeah being tired was the main thing that would screw me up when i played every single day.

oh well.

better luck next time.

sam h
12-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Kenny,

Playing tired isn't such a good idea, although most of us do it.

But I've lost 50 big bets before while fresh too. If you play fairly loosely, as I take it you do from your mid-high posts, and also play in games with many loose maniacs, then you should be psychologically ready to accept these losses. Before I moved out of the city, I played every once in a while there. And if you're playing at the big club with the same crew of loonies I remember (Bobby G., that Greek guy, the gypsies, etc.) then get ready for some swings. When you've got straddles and sleepers all over the place and its sometimes 60-70 bucks to see the flop in a 10-20 game, then buckle your seatbelt.

nykenny
12-07-2003, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(Bobby G., that Greek guy, the gypsies, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL, i know exactly who they are and i actually am friendly with a couple of them. but the game i play in these days is in Queens. much looser game. but it's very very slow. people don't act on their turn.

Kenny