PDA

View Full Version : A, suited small card question

fadedblue
12-05-2003, 01:46 PM
I've only fairly recently began playing online after several years of belly to belly games. I'm finding that I need to adjust my game a significant amount.

Normally, in early position I would fold with anything less than A,9s. I've been doing that online and often seen that I would have taken the pot if I had stayed in. Of course it's like tossing 7,2 and then the flop coming 7,2,2 or some other miracle, it happens. I've played some small cards with a suited ace lately and have ended up with a winning flush, ace high, or two pairs, or once or twice with a pair of aces without being outkicked, and some possible straight draws that didn't hit. It hasn't been enough hands yet to be meaningful, and it is sure something I'm going to track closely for a while. I'm curious as to how some of you play such hands online. In mid and late position I'll at least call to see the flop with A,Xs. When do you think it's okay to make one bet to see the flop in such a situation, if ever? What cards would you call a raise with?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

SevenStuda
12-05-2003, 01:51 PM
For what it's worth, I think it is more important to play ABC poker online than in "belly to belly" games. For one, your opponents will likely be tougher, and 2.) you play so many more hands that bad play will effect your bottom line more dramatically.

fadedblue
12-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the thoughts SevenStuda. Am I to take it then that you would advocate folding A,small suited in early position?

I've only played a few thousand hands online now, but I seem to be finding the games a bit more loose there than in line games. I've probably run into more high quality players online on average, but finding tables full of mostly fish seems easier also.

bisonbison
12-05-2003, 02:03 PM
mispost