PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 AJo turn raise w/no pair no draw.

12-05-2003, 01:32 PM
6 handed 20/40 game, not a very good game, but there are some action players on their way in, so we tough it out. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1 and raise. Two rounds before this I had KJ in the cutoff and open raised, then QQ next hand and open raised and then AJo next hand, open raised, and won all three pots with no showdown. Anyway, the SB who defends his blinds a little too much calls and so does the BB who plays very well. Flop:

3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

They both check and I check. I know the SB would have bet here with two spades or any pair. The BB would have check-raised with any of those same hands. Turn:

3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif[6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

SB bets, BB folds, I raise, SB calls. Same as on the flop, he would bet any spade and would probably 3-bet with any pair because of my flop check. I forget the river card, but it wasn't a spade. Check, check, and he announces no pair. My AJ is good. Perhaps I should have had him turn over his hand, but I think it was pretty obvious he had one of the 3 big spades. What do you all think of my turn raise with 3rd nut no pair??? Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Al_Capone_Junior
12-05-2003, 02:32 PM
I must say I don't really like it, mainly because I feel you had little chance to win the pot right there. Given your description of the blinds you're going to get called almost every time you do this, so there isn't much value gained from the possibility of stealing the pot.

al