PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King's Dark Tower V

ArchAngel71857
12-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Just finished it yesterday and is probably one of the best of the series I think other than the first one.

And I can say this is the first Stephen King book I figured out early on, although the only thing I was wrong about (sort of) was the book Roland saw on the shelf.

Anybody else a Dark Tower fan?

-AA

blueboles
12-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Love the DT series. I cannot wait for the 6th and 7th books.
Kelley

mmanne
12-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Love the series, I usually wait til the paperback comes out to buy it. But this just gives me the chance to re-read the first 4 in time to catch the 5th ... God, I'm a dork

ArchAngel71857
12-05-2003, 03:31 PM
You are not a dork at all. I read the 4th one when it first came out in 1997. I remember nothing about it whatsoever. So in reading htis one, they make these references to all these things that happen. I remember general stuff like there's this guy named Roland and this Dark tower, and some shooting and stuff. but i forgot a lot of the fourth book so i think i am going to read that over the holidays.

-AA

NutCrackerr
12-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Loved 1 - 3, 2 being my favorite. Couldn't finish 4, got about half way through but was so bored I started reading poker books. Thank you Stephen King!

scotnt73
12-05-2003, 06:41 PM
the man in black rode throught the desert.......and the gunslinger followed.

one of the coolest sounding lines ive ever read

brian0729
12-05-2003, 09:19 PM
WoW. I am a big fan of the series. Im sure we can all agree that 1,2 and 3 are good.

[ QUOTE ]
Loved 1 - 3, 2 being my favorite. Couldn't finish 4, got about half way through but was so bored I started reading poker books. Thank you Stephen King!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I thought the first half of this book was slow. I mean christ Stephen, is Roland ever getting any closer to that tower. I was bringing these points up to my roomate, he would just laugh and tell me to keep reading. I am so glad I did! This book closes in amazing fashion and as far as Im concerned is one of King's finest books period. The last 100 pages scream by in what seems like minutes. It still leaves chills when I think about. Enjoy the holiday read AA.