PDA

View Full Version : One for the old mike l.

Coilean
12-05-2003, 03:53 AM
An EP and the button limp, SB completes, and I knuckle with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB.

K/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. It checks around.

K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, EP folds, button raises (haven't played much with him, so far he seems a bit LAG on the early streets, but more careful on the later streets), SB folds, I insta-reraise. Bold, brash, boring?

elysium
12-05-2003, 04:05 AM
hi coil
we're getting off course a little here. since i've been away on sabbatical, i'm seeing romper room syndrom breaking out. this is a foolish reraise coil. you got caught bluffing and became rash and undiciplined. and you threw a fit. the bluff attempt failed miserably. fold and go on to the next hand. never bluff for crying out loud when they're going to fire back at you with a lousy raise. you've been around a while coil. don't you see the raise coming? the guy's gonna raise you. you don't bluff those. for crying out loud coil.

andyfox
12-05-2003, 01:37 PM
"never bluff for crying out loud when they're going to fire back at you with a lousy raise."

Generally good advice.

But what about when their raise itself might well be a bluff? Can this guy have a king, no raise pre-flop, no flop bet?

Loved the phrase, romper room syndrome, BTW.

Duke
12-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Well you didn't call, so it can't be that wrong. I think you have a shot at the pot here.

~D

Al_Capone_Junior
12-05-2003, 01:47 PM
and a bit of brash as well. I hope you know your man here, otherwise this is going to be an expensive draw to third or fourth pair, neither of which will be any good.

al

skp
12-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Brilliant play.

anatta
12-05-2003, 02:11 PM
This is a strange board (I spelled it "bored" the first time, but its not you) to slowplay top pair of kings. Sometimes you just get that feeling, instant reraise is the best. If it works, you will play great the rest of the night. If it doesn't, Tommy's "better to be weak-tight than strong-broke" comes to mind...no, not really, its good to be capable of these plays.

mike l.
12-05-2003, 09:19 PM

Coilean
12-06-2003, 04:34 AM
He folded. I thought, as most of you did, that he really couldn't have much of anything given his flop check. Even if he was slowplaying a monster, KJ (maybe K5s) seems the only real candidate since KK/JJ would likely have raised preflop, so it seemed more than likely that he was out of line with the turn raise.

rivaridge
12-06-2003, 04:55 PM
The merit here comes from the advice above about folding when you get caught bluffing. At first the guy correctly put you on nothing for the same reasons you put him on nothing. But then..your reraise worked here because the other guy had to be thinking that you would fold if caught in a bluff so you must have something. He then became the typical player himself and folded because he was caught bluffing.

Well Done. You can kid a kidder.

DanZ
12-06-2003, 08:57 PM
I'll vote boring. THe only real hand he could have is 55, and this requires that he also has no clue how to play. He would raise some KJ before the flop, but then again, maybe he would raise 55.

Dan Z.