PDA

View Full Version : 3-6-12 Adjustments?

02-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Will be playing this weekend at Coushatta which plays low-limit Holdem like this:

Small bet = 3 (pre-flop and flop)

Big bet = 6 (turn)

Bonus big bet = 6 or 12, your option (river)

Rake is 10% or $4 + $1 jackpot (aces full of queens beaten by quads, jackpot $17K when I called). A $5 drop seems pretty excessive to me, but hey - I wanna gamble.

Anyway, what are the suggested adjustments for the 3-6-12 structure? At first blush it seems like I should undervalue big cards and overvalue drawing hands such as suited connectors and small pocket pairs. Something tells me that other players will be doing the same, at least pre-flop, due to the low cost of entry compared to the final pots. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that there will be plenty of pots exceeding $100, and also will gander that there will be plenty of multi-way action.

How do I play this unusual structure? Thanks in advance for your comments...

02-20-2002, 03:57 PM
The skill of getting freecards on the turn with bets, raises, and checkraises on the flop goes way up in value for drawing hands(which you should be playing more of).

Another adjustment you should make is to raise marginal hands on the turn which you're planning to call with on the river.