PDA

View Full Version : Hoox redux

Vehn
12-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Last time I promise. $30/$60. Good player open raises in MP. Flounder calls on the button. I 3 bet from the small blind with black jacks and both call.

Flop is T - 9 - 8 rainbow. I bet and both call.

Turn is the 4 of diamonds putting 2 diamonds on the board. I bet, MP raises, porpoise folds, I 3-bet, MP calls.

River is the 3 of clubs and I bet.

Ulysses
12-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Boring.

Vehn
12-04-2003, 07:38 PM
I know /images/graemlins/frown.gif

stripsqueez
12-04-2003, 10:49 PM
a flounder is a fine eating fish - its also a spectacular fish visually if you have ever caught one

a porpoise is a mammal

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

JasonM
12-05-2003, 04:09 AM
I don't think these type of hands are all that boring, but maybe I over-think these situations. I would say more often than not if you make the straight you probably chop, so I would prefer not to. What I always think about is, is he the type of player to semi-bluff raise the straight or the flush draw on the turn? Did he flop two pair? A lot of people love to play those middle cards. My guess is he folded to your bet on the river.

worm33
12-07-2003, 08:52 PM
i was waiting for you to post this hand...took me a few days to find it but i found it...flop was 10-8-4 by the way 9 in the turn...

worm33
12-07-2003, 08:54 PM
by the way, who likes my play in this hand with the aj of diamonds...flop 10-8-4...9 in the turn giving me an overcard open ender and the nut flush draw...who doesnt raise the turn here?

Vehn
12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Oops you are correct. Personally I try not to raise the turn with draws against people capable of 3 betting the turn here with 1 pair, even if its possible they have AK and will fold it. Anyways I think its a clear fold on the flop in your shoes.

elysium
12-08-2003, 12:18 AM
hi vehn
no reason to 3 bet the turn. he is a good player and your hand can improve. another thing here is that you have no read on this opponents hand. it looks like AQ or AK to me. yea vehn, that 3 bet.....if he has six outs and your hand can improve, shoot......let him take shots at you to the river. you might be ahead but your hand might improve. if your way behind a QJ say, you save a bet by calling the raise and check-calling. you need to distiguish those times check-calling isn't a remedy from those time that it is. your hand can improve vehn.