PDA

View Full Version : Omaha 8 Question

OneChip
12-04-2003, 07:01 PM
You have the nut low draw with no high draws in an unraised/small pot. What factors do you use to determine that it is unprofitable to draw and throw away the nut draw?

Ray Zee
12-04-2003, 09:43 PM
you always have high draws. but look at how the betting is going to you and read what you are against. that determines what hands are playable. no set rules without much more info from the bettors.

lunchmeat
12-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey Chip, welcome to 2+2

If you play in very loose games as I do, I wouldn't recommend throwing away the nut low draw. So many people will be drawing to crap like A5xx & 24xx that you want to stay in. If you're playing in tight games, then I'm not the guy to give you advice.

phish
12-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Assuming you have no high draws (hitting a pair won't win high), factors to consider are:
Your position relative to bettor and callers (likely to get raised after you call?)
Is your low counterfeitable?
How many callers already?
Potential action if you should hit.

TylerD
12-05-2003, 05:46 AM
The nature of the game is a big factor, if its tight and people are only drawing to the nuts then you are likely to be quartered. Also if you can easily get counterfeited (e.g. A 2 bare) it might not be worth the draw.

Tyler

iblucky4u2
12-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Ray,

There is a thread on AAQ3 vs. AQQ3 type hands. Your input would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

jedi
12-05-2003, 06:33 PM
At a Low Limit table, I'd almost ALWAYS stay in to draw to the nut low, assuming I have counterfeit protection. If there's a raise in front of me, then I might stay with the right number of opponents. However, I'd never raise even if I make the nut low because I have this mortifying fear of getting quartered. Should I fear this? Once I cost myself money when I was SURE I was getting quartered, then wound up getting half the pot. The other 2 guys quartered the high with the same straight.

chaos
12-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Your position, the number of players (more than 4 and you still make money if you get quartered), the action (if a bunch of people are raising there may be other nut low draws out there), and the quality of opponents; to name a few factors.