PDA

View Full Version : 2 worst played hands in a row

Louie Landale
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Well, maybe not the "worst" but here goes:

[1] 4 calls, Hero calls on button with KsJc, 7 take the flop. Flop is Kh7c2c. BB bets, 3 calls, Hero calls. Turn is 3c. Checked to the CO who bets, Hero raises, live guy early thinks about it a LONG while and folds, CO calls. Heads up. River is 9c. Live guy blenches and announces that he through away the Ac. Both check. Hero's J-flush beats COs Tc8c 6-card flush. Early mentions he had KQ and I believe him. Hero managed to put in all his money with the worst hand, and raised the big draw out, and won it anyway.

[2] Very next hand. 4 calls, Hero calls in CO 7 take the flop. Flop is A82 rainbow. Everyone checks. Turn is T. BB bets, early calls, live-guy calls, late calls, Hero folds. 4 take the river which is 7. BB checks, early bets, live guy calls, late calls, BB calls. BB has A3. Early has A7 for two pair. Late has AK. Live guy has 96 for the 2nd nut straight. Everyone let the live guy make his straight. I suppose they were all thinking that Hero, the apparent live guy from the previous hand, was going to bet the flop.

- Louie

Carlos
12-04-2003, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Late has AK. Live guy has 96 for the 2nd nut straight. Everyone let the live guy make his straight. I suppose they were all thinking that Hero, the apparent live guy from the previous hand, was going to bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least LP should have had second thoughts after his preflop limp-reraise failed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm curious about your flop decision in hand 1. Is calling clearly superior to raising? Any insights will be much appreciated.

Btw. thanks for all your great posts.

Carlos

Louie Landale
12-05-2003, 05:55 PM
This seems similar to the arguments for NOT raising pre-flop with hands that will win more than their fair share. I thought my hand was clearly a favorite but also vulnerable, so I figured I'd do better waiting, hehehe, hoping for a late bet on the turn so I can raise. That's what I got, but I neglected to consider he's not going to bet without the flush.

- Louie