PDA

View Full Version : Should I have seen this one?

02-18-2002, 12:00 PM
3-6. I am on the button with pockey jacks. UTG raises in, and mid position re raises. I call and blinds fold. UTG reraises and mid caps. I call. Flop comes AAJ (suits irrelevant) . UTG now calls and so does mid. I bet, I am only behind rockets and A-J. UTG calls only and so does mid. Turn is a duece. Again checked to me. bet, raise, reraise, cap. I got each of them on an ace, so I am only behing A-J and A-Duece. They both raised preflop, so I m thinking A-K or A-Q or pocket pairs the most likely scenerio. River comes 9. Bet, raise, raise by me, and cap. Call and call.

UTG and mid split the pot with A-2. Should I have seen this on the river? Should I have folded?

02-18-2002, 12:15 PM
After spending a minute away from the table brooding and wondering about collusion, I would try and relax, sit back down and hope they keep capping pre-flop with cheese. It took a 2-outer to beat you and you could not reasonibly put somone on A2.

You could have been reasonibly scared of AA when it gets capped on the turn. At that point I'd worry about AA or AJ. It looks like AA against AJ or AK.

Did they play thyis maniacly pre-flop on most hands?

Paul Talbot

02-18-2002, 12:46 PM
I did notice that UTG raised with A-x suited a couple of other times during the game. Mid left shortly thereafter so I can't say I got a read on him.

02-18-2002, 04:23 PM
i probably wouldve read it the same way. the river probably wouldve been capped anyway if ya didnt bet. but now ya have a little more info on their play. though it did cost a bit. sounds like a nice game to be in actually. may be a mistake, but im callin the river here also.

b