PDA

View Full Version : Taj 20-40....Turn Play

RollaJ
12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB EMP open raises LP, Button and I call
Flop is K-Q-4 rainbow.
I bet EMP raises, all fold to me and I call.
Turn is Q, I check, he bet, I raised.......

Any thoughts?

mike l.
12-04-2003, 02:46 PM
i cant stand it. if he laid down AK then good one for you, but what do you do all the times that Q doesnt come on the turn? now's a good time to just give up on the turn when you dont improve since that Q puts you even further behind if he's playing ABC as they so often do in 4 way pots.

Philuva
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I am not a big fan. I can't see getting a better hand to fold in this situation. I would much prefer calling it down or folding on the turn.

Unless EMP raiser was weak tight, I think you are getting called down.

nykenny
12-04-2003, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is Q, I check, he bet, I raised.......

[/ QUOTE ]
strong. i like it. it would be even better if you have a flush draw here too. as for the opponent, sometimes he will fold a better hand, other times he will pay off with a worse hand. if he reraises, you are much more sure you are beat.

however, what if he calls ur check raise and raises when you bet the river?

Kenny

Ulysses
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as for the opponent, sometimes he will fold a better hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? AA - I doubt it. AK - unlikely. Both of those hands will typically elicit a sigh and a calldown. And if he openraised early w/ KJ, I doubt he's folding it now.

[ QUOTE ]
other times he will pay off with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? JJ? I doubt it. What worse hands are going to pay off here?

[ QUOTE ]
if he reraises, you are much more sure you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I want to pay two bets to be sure, I'll do it by calling the turn and river.

RollaJ
12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
To all those who thought it was bad.....I agree. In this instace I took the pot down, but in thinking about it afterwards I felt the same way [ QUOTE ]
What? AA - I doubt it. AK - unlikely. Both of those hands will typically elicit a sigh and a calldown. And if he openraised early w/ KJ, I doubt he's folding it now.

[/ QUOTE ] 95% of the time, the only hand that will fold is one i am ahead of anyway. It seems the only thing I accomplished was putting at risk 2 bets instead of one