PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Best Team in the NBA?

andyfox
12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Is there any doubt that is is the Lakers? Is there any doubt they will continue to get better?

The record of 33 wins in a row may be in jeopardy. The only thing that may stop them is Shaq's free throw missing.

Or am I delusional?

Clarkmeister
12-04-2003, 03:07 PM
When its all said and done, it'll be the Lakers vs the Kings barring major injuries.

Off topic to Andy -

The Yanks just traded for Javier Vasquez and are still looking at Kevin Brown and Bartolo.

Zeno
12-04-2003, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that may stop them is Shaq's free throw missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and Kobe's trial, conviction, and castration.

-Zeno

andyfox
12-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah, you said not to worry about their pitching, money talks. Looks like you're right. I just checked out Vazquez's stats, he's a stud and could be just coming into his prime.

When I mentioned the possible Brown for Weaver deal to my dad, who's a stuanch Dodger fan (since 1927!), he said, well, Weaver is 12 years younger than Brown, but Brown will probably win more games in the next two years of his contract than Weaver will in 12. I'm not so sure.

Nick Johnson, BTW, is a very good offensive player; he was leading the league in OBP when he got injured.

andyfox
12-04-2003, 03:13 PM

Six_of_One
12-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I don't think the 33 straight wins record is in jeopardy, but I do think there's no doubt the Lakers are the best team in the league.

You're right that they will only get better. Shaq's free throw shooting didn't stop them from winning 3 straight titles with teams not as good as this one, so I don't think it matters much. If they live up to their potential, not even Sacramento should be able to give them much of a challenge.