PDA

View Full Version : A-Q FOLD?

Ronm
12-04-2003, 02:18 PM
This is a hand I played recently at the Mirage--after due consideration, I am not sure I played the hand correctly--comments?

I raise 2 limpers from MP with AsQc--fold to button who 3-bets----all call---flop is K-Q-4 Rainbow----limpers check, I bet, button raises, limpers fold---Oh-Oh--I'm facing K-K or A-K----who folds here??---I call-----

Turn is a Q---now we have K-Q-4-Q------I need to know if button has A-K or K-K---I bet---button raises----must be K-K-----Button is a very good player, and COULD raise this board with A-K----perhaps to get info---I decide that he would fold A-K to a re-raise, so I re-raise---button 4-bets---now I think I must fold??? Results follow----

Ronm
12-04-2003, 02:24 PM
I make a crying call, sure that I am beat----River is an A---I check, button bets, I call----button shows KQs---he is shocked that he lost the hand---I tell him that he played the hand correctly, and I did not---but I wasn't sure at the time---comments?????

RollaJ
12-04-2003, 02:28 PM
you played it ok, but Id c/r the river and call a 5th bet

Al_Capone_Junior
12-04-2003, 05:26 PM
When he raises again on the turn, make the crying call, he's not afraid of three queens. Then obviously you would bet out again on the river, if not check-raise.

al

Inthacup
12-04-2003, 05:34 PM
You gotta go with your reads. KQ is the absolute minimum that I think an avg player would 3-bet with. I'd be more inclined to think that he has KK over KQ after the turn action. I'd probably call the turn 4-bet and bet the river when the Ace hits. If he raises again, I'd just call.

Cup

Georgia Peach
12-04-2003, 06:24 PM
I think your play was ok. It would be hard for me to fold 3Qs with an ace kicker. I'd be willing to pay to see the wired Ks. But, I would probably check/call the river.

Gabe
12-04-2003, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to know if button has A-K or K-K

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?
[ QUOTE ]
I bet---button raises----must be K-K-----

[/ QUOTE ]
OK
[ QUOTE ]
Button is a very good player, and COULD raise this board with A-K----perhaps to get info---

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you just said????
[ QUOTE ]
I decide that he would fold A-K to a re-raise, so I re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]
What? Why?
[ QUOTE ]
button 4-bets---now I think I must fold???

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason I don't think you did.