PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

Vehn
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
$30/$60. Good cutoff (that's one to the right of the button) open raises. Decent button 3 bets. OK passive SB coldcalls 3 bets. I have two red jacks in the big blind and 4 bet. Sure?

Clarkmeister
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Seems fine. "Good cutoff" should be raising with a wide range of hands here, and should be willing to dump a few of those hands for 2 more bets. That alone makes the play worthwhile.

Ulysses
12-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Sure. That's what I would do. But after all 3 call, I'd wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just fold. I just can't get myself to do that with Jacks in that spot.

But what about tens? Nines? Where does this switch for you?

Just went over to twodimes and it looks like you're in pretty good shape w/ JJ v. hands that don't include an overpair. So if these guys all have hands like smaller pairs, suited connectors (incl. JT), and overcards (QK/AQ/AK), your Jacks look good.

CrackerZack
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
I'd do this about every time although putting in $120 PF would probably having me sweating bullets. I'd hope the original raiser folded if not, no A on the flop please.

Philuva
12-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I like it. There is a good chance the CO might fold to 2 more bets. The hand I am most concerned about is probably SB, but you have position on him at least. Plus making it 4 bets makes the play on the rest of the hand a lot easier in my book.