PDA

View Full Version : I get get ready to fold... but win.

ElSapo
12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
The hand before this, I raised UTG+1 with AQo. Got two callers, ended up calling on the river when the board was 22T2T, and lost to JTo in the BB. Ok, fine by me... Maybe they smell tilt, but this time I open-raise with AJs and get four callers. Hmmmm....

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is UTG

Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds

Flop(11 SB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

I'm not betting this flop because I have to call. Four straight outs (or three, w/o the club), an ace could give me the best hand and a backdoor flush. But it's just too many people for me to bet into.

SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls

Turn(7 1/2 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Guess I'm gonna see the river...

SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls

River(10 1/2 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Well, I got nothing...

Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks

Thanksfully, neither club draw -- 7-high and 4-high -- got there. Or bet the river...

I forget, frankly, how loose-agressive the Party 3/6 tables can be. I've been check-raised on the turn by a flush draw more times than I can recall, and probably more times than I realize, as I lay down to some of these....

Call-call seems bad, but frankly, if they have a big hand I'll just get raised, I figured. Comments?

lil'
12-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Betting into that board is bankroll suicide, most of the time, so nice hand.