jerrybai125
12-04-2003, 10:53 AM
3/6 on party

Hand 1: I'm bb with 2s5s, EP limper, MP limper. No reads, just joined the table

Flop: 8sJcJs

I bet, EP folds, MP calls

Turn: Ac

I check, EP bets, I fold

Hand 2: I am button with Ac4c, 2 EP limpers, 2 MP limpers, i limp, SB completes, BB checks

Flop Ah7c7h

sb checks, BB(very agressive player, ive seen him cap the flop and turn with nothing, considered him a maniac but hes only done it once, though hes very agressive when he hits a piece of a flop) bets, one EP caller, both MP call, I fold.

Hand 3: I have AQs UTG and raise, only blinds call.

Flop: AT7 r

sb checks, bb bets (bb is passive, he has flopped trips and just called it down, he also flopped a set of 3s once and never raised), i raise, sb calls, bb calls

Turn: J

sb checks, bb bets again, i fold

Thoughts and comments appreciated, i thought hand 1 was my most interesting hand, i usually would have bet again on the turn.

Lost Wages
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Hand 1)
Bet the turn, it's headsup and you have a flush draw.

Hand 2)
I would fold. Even if you have the BB beaten there are just too many callers in between. One of them likely has a better ace or is slowplaying a seven. Plus, the SB could checkraise.

Hand 3)
I think you should call it down even though you are likely behind. Against AJ you have 7 outs. Against JT you have 12 outs. Against a set you have 4 outs. Against KQ you have 3 outs to chop.

Lost Wages

LetsRock
12-04-2003, 12:40 PM
These are some tough calls and I will probably be told that these are leaks in my game. But here's my take for what it's worth:

Hand 1: I would have wanted to see the turn as cheaply as possible; wouldn't have bet, probably called 1 bet. If I'm calling the flop here, I'm not folding to 1 bet on the turn.

Hand 2: BB is aggressive and could be buying, but might have the goods. Other callers could be on flush draws but could be slow playing 7s. With top pair (albeit weak kicker) my inclination is to be a calling station unless there are raises, then I would tend to regard the threat as more serious. This could (since you have position) be a real good spot to raise the flop. If you get 3-bet and 2 cold callers, you can probably fold pretty easily. If BB and others call, you probably get a free river card if you want it; if BB 3-bets, you'll thin the field unless they are serious threats.

Hand 3: If your read on BB is reliable, you're probably beat at this point. Is he capable of pulling off a semi-bluff by betting into the PFR on the flop? He could just have an ace and is hoping you raised with KK or the like. If you need outs, they're limited (4 Ks, maybe 3 Qs, another ace on the board is may be hurting you more than helping) and my concern here is that SB is effectively gaining position by checking and he's chasing "something" worth cold-calling 2 bets on the flop. This a probably a good lay down. If I was heads up vs. BB, I'd have to call it down.

jerrybai125
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Yea, i am unsure if i played them correctly, especially hand 1.

in hand 1, i basically tried to take a stab at the pot of 2 opponents, which i frequently try, when the MP just called, i felt that if i bet the turn there is a big chance that he will riase his slowplayed trips and i did not want to call 2 big bets to look at the river for my flush. My plan was to check/call, but realized there wasnt enough odds to go for my flush 1:3.5 for a flush draw on a paired board. I felt that there was a very great chance he had trips, since on this board the only other draw is a flush draw like mine, though loose party players may call with any pocket pair they are holding, which is tough when i have no read on the player. Though what do peopel think about this play, you take a stab at the pot on the flop and if someone calls u hope u hit ur flush on the turn and if not, just give up and check/fold to ur opponent when the pot is small.

In hand 2, I was pretty sure i was beat, i used to constantly call here to see wat develops on the turn or raise here to see where i am at on the flop. If i raise i know for sure BB will 3-bet this is almost automatic with him, i felt my choices were call or fold and if i call i know bb will fire away again on the turn and if no one raises i will have to probably call another big bet. I think this might be an easy fold with 4 callers, everyone has to be on a draw and BB has to be betting with almost nothing for me to win. The results were that BB and another MP player both flopped trips and BB won it with the higher kicker. MP never put in a raise and he is the BB in hand 3.

Hand 3 because of hand 2 and another hand i marked this player as very passive and the second he bet into me on the flop i was a little worried. I might have given him too much credit especiallyw hen he bet into me on the turn, i felt i was drawing to 4 outs to my straight which i may chop with sb even if i hit it. It turned out BB had KQ for the turned nuts, and was semi bluffing the flop with his inside straight draw. Now i changed my notes a litte.

Wihtout being results orientated, do most others call it down in hand 2 and 3??