PDA

View Full Version : 88 big pot w/ some debatable decisions

mike l.
12-04-2003, 04:13 AM
i have 88 utg and raise in a real jamming loose 20-40 game. 5 people call as does the bb. 7 of us see the flop.

the flop is 862 rainbow. bb bets, i raise, next loosey cold calls, someone else calls, button calls, bb just calls. 5 of us.

the turn is 5 offsuit. checked to me and i bet, loosey raises, folded to bb who calls two cold, i 3 bet, both call.

the river is a 9. bb checks, i check, loosey bets, bb calls, i overcall.

comments?

Ulysses
12-04-2003, 04:35 AM
Is loosey raising the turn w/ 78/67/77 etc. ? Loosey would 4-bet w/ 79 and 34, right?

If the answer to the first question is "absolutely" then I check-call the river.

If the answer to the first question is "sure, maybe" then I say screw it and bet the river anyway. And call one raise.

Diplomat
12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi Mike,

in a loose aggressive game like this, I'll often call rather than raise pre-flop.

-Diplomat

nykenny
12-04-2003, 12:12 PM
it seems like in your loose jamming game, someone with a 7 was going to stick around on the flop. so the bettor either has a straight or two pair or set of 6. BB might have 87o or 98o or over pair... i believe you would beat BB in this situation most of the time and lose to loosey more than you beat him. call is probably close, especially on river closing action.

Kenny

andyfox
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Since BB bet the flop, seems like an ideal time to just call and then have him bet into you on the turn, where you can administer what hopefully turns out to be a Fekali enema. Seems like the kind of game everyone is seeing hte turn for two bets, so you can't keep from being drawn out on there, but hopefully you can mimimize the chance of being drawn out on on the river.

Pre-flop: No biggie, call or raise, doesn't much matter.

River: I'd overcall here too. I can think of a bunch of hands you can beat.

Ulysses
12-04-2003, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lose to loosey more than you beat him. call is probably close, especially on river closing action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely not close between calling and folding, if that's what you're saying. mike will win more than enough of the time to make his overcall correct.

Lawrence Ng
12-07-2003, 07:33 PM
In situations like this, I would wait for the turn to bump it up raise instead of the flop. You will get runner runners to draw on you for 2 small bets on the flop no matter what. But on the turn if you raise for 2 big bets they probably are less likely to get that lone gutshot to chase you down for 2 big bets for fear that someone else might reraise back again.

On the river, I would overcall as well.

Georgia Peach
12-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Preflop and flop, okay by me. Since no one folded after your turn 3-bet, I don't see a problem with calling on the river. You could be beat, but a raise isn't going to drive anyone out anyway. So, check-call and you hopefully won.

elysium
12-07-2003, 08:51 PM
hi mike
since your call closes the action, calling is correct.