PDA

View Full Version : There goes sixty bucks; but I get it back.

andyfox
12-04-2003, 02:54 AM
30-60. My RHO limps; he's on major tilt, stuck close to three racks, and I raise with my favorite hand, two aces. The big blind calls as does the tilter and the three of us see the flop, which is 8-4-2.

Big blind bets and the tilter raises. I three-bet. Big blind calls and the tilter calls 2 more chips all in. There's a two-chip side pot.

Turn pairs the deuce. Big blind checks, I bet, big blind calls.

River is a 9. At its appearance, the tilter stands up and yells, "Yes, three thousand dollars and I finally win a pot!" Needless to say, big blind checks; I bet. Tilter reminds everyone once again that he has finally won a pot. Big blind thinks for a minute and folds. The side pot is given to me and the tilter shows 9-8 and wins the main pot.

As the tilter is stacking, I politely and quietly ask him please, next time, don't do that, it probably cost me a call on the river. He looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me he is in the game three racks.

In about a half an hour, I open-raise first in with my favorite hand, pocket aces. I get cold-called by the worst player on the face of the earth. Just the two of us see the flop of 9-8-3, all clubs. I have the Ace of trump. Good flop for me.

I bet. She looks back at her cards and calls. Good look for me; she must have a high club. Turn is a small blank, I bet and she calls. River is a non-club jack, I bet and she calls. I confidently turn over my pocket aces and she turns over Qc-Ts for a rivered straight.

The cardroom is a funny place, but pocket aces are still my favorite hand.

sam h
12-04-2003, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As the tilter is stacking, I politely and quietly ask him please, next time, don't do that, it probably cost me a call on the river. He looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me he is in the game three racks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, I would politely inform the dealer that your two pair, aces and twos, beats your opponents two pair, 9s and 8s, and to ship the pot your way.

Sometimes even aces need those ducks you hate so much.

andyfox
12-04-2003, 03:04 AM
The board did not pair on the turn.

[At least I hope it didn't. /images/graemlins/wink.gif ]

sam h
12-04-2003, 03:10 AM
I was pretty sure it was just a typo. But given your thing with the ducks and its visibility of late, I just needed to throw that in. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

trillig
12-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Yeah! I reread that 4 times, and still was *does not compute*. 8)

A little too cocky with two pairs, would have been a classic if u had trips.

I love online tourneys where an AI wins 1k, and my side pot is 5k. 8)

-t