PDA

View Full Version : TGC (or Prima in general) hand histories?

CountDuckula
12-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Maybe I'm just blind, but I haven't found a way to request a hand history at TGC. Is there one??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Mike

itsmarty
12-04-2003, 12:21 AM
You can only request one hand at a time, definitely a weakness of the site. They're working on it, though, supposedly coming out with a way to get multiple hand histories that will import into Poker Tracker in the very near future.

CountDuckula
12-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I've heard about Poker Tracker, but haven't gotten around to looking into it. Where can I find it, or something similar?

Thanks again,
Mike

MrDannimal
12-04-2003, 12:45 PM
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

Just added UB ring game support. It's free to load 1000 hands, $40 to keep. Well worth it if you play any kind of serious time at 1/2 or higher.

And you can get the hand histories at GC by going to Menu->Playcheck It's a nice layout, but killed by the fact that you can't see finished hands right away (takes time to get into the system), you can't really save them in bulk, and you can only view them in the program (not offline). That's my biggest gripe about the site, which has a lot of other great features (telling me the pot size up-to-date on my action, the # of players/post size on every street, the "What you have" note, all good stuff.

morgant
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
how do you get the hand histories from UB?

CountDuckula
12-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Mr. D! I also like some of GC's features, like the "show stats" button. I noticed last night that my stats for the OIC show me hovering around 50% for seeing the flop, which I think I need to work on. I did limp in (and even called a couple of raises or so) with some questionable hands, but got lucky on a number of them.

I'd be really interested to see other 2+2 posters' notes on me, if anyone were interested in sharing (well, this is supposed to be a learning experience, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif). I haven't been very good at taking notes, myself, I'm afraid, that's another thing I think I need to get used to. I'm trying to form mental pictures of everyone's play at the table, but I'm finding that typing in my thoughts interferes with keeping up with the hand.

-Mike