PDA

View Full Version : OIC - made it to $100

Jackal22
12-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Woohoo. I made it to the $100 point finally. At one point I was down to just over $20. 1/2 here I come.

Jackal22
12-03-2003, 07:50 PM
$103.63 to be precise.

Alobar
12-03-2003, 07:52 PM
congrats! I finally made $100 too earlier today, then promptly lost $30 at the 1/2 level, thankfully I got it back. So I sit at $100.50 Just enough to post my first hand before I fall back below $100 again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skaboomizzy
12-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm at $100 now, got there from $52 in 90 minutes tonight. I LOVE the short tables.

jsmith5
12-03-2003, 11:46 PM
this is my first time ever playing poker for real money online. i've been playing a lot of poker over the last month, starting at 2/4 in the palms then home games around boston area (i lost a hundred bucks a year ago in my first ever hold em experience).

i just found out about the United Poker Forum a few weeks ago, and saw the post to the 2+2 forums and the OIC. I thought it was too good to be true...a chance to learn how to play.

this has been a great experience thus far. i've learned a lot about the hands, the game, everything (learning i play way too many hands). while i've read a lot of the books, there's no better substitute than actually playing. i would've never played online for real money otherwise.

i'm enjoying reading through the mountains of posts here in the 2+2 forums, and enjoy the camaradie and encouragement you all show one another.

CountDuckula
12-03-2003, 11:58 PM
I made it, too. I reached the mark after about 1/2 hour at a 6-max .50/1.00 table, then played another 1.5 hours at $1/$2, and ended up with $144.62. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saw a few zoo-ers at the $1/$2, as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

GrinningBuddha
12-03-2003, 11:59 PM
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason the OIC exists. Welcome jsmith5! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alobar
12-04-2003, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(learning i play way too many hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

never call 3 bets cold with T3!!!! (yes, im still bitter) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gomez22
12-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Just busted out....... the WORST session of my life..... I know I'm whining a little, but I'd like to share some of the bad beats I took.....
HAND 1: Raise PF(1010), flop top set, opponent gets runners for J high flush.
HAND 2: 3-bet PF(AKs), flop 4-flush, river TPTK, opponent called 3 cold PF w/65o... turned straight, never raised until river.
HAND 3: Raised UTG(KK), 6 cold-callers, 4 to river, which was an A (opponent had A8o)
HAND 4: JJ from button. Folded to me, I rase, BB 3-bets, flop comes AJ?... capped on flop & turn, I slow on river... you guessed it... BB had AA.
HAND 5: 66 from LP. I open-raise, 3 callers, flop a set, river gives opponenet a straight.

This was truly one hell of a night.... UGH!!!! Don't know if I'll reload or not........ think I might take some time off to clear the head, as I really need to after this beating. Perfect fish, too bad they were all Sucky McSucken!!!!!

mrpurple
12-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Congrats Jackal. I Was there last night when you were pretty low.

you were picking yourself for fist out. You where making some pretty wild plays.

Like Betting into me when I had a set of aces. Fortunately for you the board went runner runner for a straight A-5 on board and a chopped pot. Your J7 never entered into it. That was possibly the craziest hand I ever saw. But, hey thats poker.

Me I'm not ready to move up yet. I'm about 4 hours in and up about $25.

GL to all advancers.

CrackerZack
12-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Completely agree. Welcome to the forums.

GrinningBuddha
12-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Praise the Lord, I've finally crossed to 1/2. I do so hate that first level, it always seems to be the hardest...

See you at 1/2 tomorrow!

HUSKER'66
12-04-2003, 03:44 AM
A warm welcome and a hearty "hello!" from SS and Zoo'ers alike. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

udontknowmickey
12-04-2003, 03:52 AM
I had managed to crawl from 7 bucks to 28 but then I hit an ugly nut flush vs. boat on the river, lost a big hand on that one. Knocked down to 15 bucks, is it ok for me to just add the 4 dollars won from the tourney into that and play with that? I'm hanging by a thread here.

Gaming Club
12-04-2003, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i just found out about the United Poker Forum a few weeks ago, and saw the post to the 2+2 forums and the OIC. I thought it was too good to be true...a chance to learn how to play.

this has been a great experience thus far. i've learned a lot about the hands, the game, everything (learning i play way too many hands). while i've read a lot of the books, there's no better substitute than actually playing. i would've never played online for real money otherwise.

i'm enjoying reading through the mountains of posts here in the 2+2 forums, and enjoy the camaradie and encouragement you all show one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great to have you on board, and glad to hear the experience is proving positive. Good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gaming Club
12-04-2003, 05:26 AM
PS well done jmsith -- up to 5th on the OIC leaderboard already - nice work /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daveymck
12-04-2003, 05:34 AM
Gomez your session was so like mine I went from $70 down to $33.

The last $10 or so was when I finally tilded and started playing every same suited hand as I had seen so many flushes.

I had the most passive bizarre table I have ever played, I was the only person raising at all pf, one guy complained his aa had been cracked but he hadnt even raised preflop. Also if people had top pair or even a straight they would not bet it they just checked it round.

I play tight agressive so in a way this should be an ideal table but the cards just would not hit if I had top pair tip kicker someone would beat me with 95o with the 9 hitting on the river and my draws just would not hit.

Worst example of the draws not coming off after the flop I was left with an up and down straight, a flush draw and a up and down straight flush draw, kept four people in so was still getting my odds and guess what ended up with nothing while others seemed to get flushes and afull houses all over.

Good thing was that in a four hour session I didnt really tilt until the last twenty minutes and I know the cards will come.

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
never call 3 bets cold with T3!!!! (yes, im still bitter) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK, I lost $38 after reraising w/ AK and flopping two pair to an inside straight draw on the 2/4 table (3-4 on turn and river to complete his 2-5!)...if I'm going to give it away like that I would've gladly given it to you instead!

Mackas
12-04-2003, 07:28 AM
I'm still stuck at 0.5/1 and have been for about twelve hours now, oscillating between $60 and $85. It's like the twilight zone here, just can't get out. Thought had managed it when flopped trips in a decent pot that would have taken me over $100. A backdoor str8 soon put paid to that. Taking a break to do some real work for a while as otherwise I'm beginning to get the feeling I could still be here come Christmas. GL to everyone else who is already on up the road but spare a thought for the rest of us languishing in our own personal hell destined never to get out. I'm not taking this too seriously am I?

Stagemusic
12-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Here here as well. That's the kind of stuff we're talking about. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cyndie
12-04-2003, 08:29 AM
lol...you will get out...but remember at 1BB/hour you should rot in fifty cents for 50 hours. Those of you who get out sooner, congratulate yourself...those of you who don't...Blame the dealer!

Request for the GC...could you tell from the leader boards how long it took the zoo to get out of each level and also some stats (anonymously of course) on what percentage either had to rebuy, or busted out...compared to those who moved up.

Sorry if this has been done and I just missed it.

Joe Tall
12-04-2003, 09:47 AM
jsmith5,

Looks as you have captured the true spirit of the OIC! Welcome to the forum and keep posting we'll turn you into a winner in no time.

Peace,
JT

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 09:55 AM
well i'm trying to claw my way into the 3/6 level now. i have incredible luck just to be honest. i'm 24 bucks from the 3/6.

i played at a 2/4 table this morning that was crazy. i could not believe the maniacs on it (and i'm a bit of one myself). so many flush and straight draws at the river. i thought that 2/4 would naturally be more difficult, but i found 1/2 had the better players so far.

ummm...make that $35 away.

MrDannimal
12-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Ugh. Yesterday stank. I had gotten to level 2 on day 1 and sat down on day too all geeked to go.

I was cold decked and run down all day, eventually ending with me being sent back to level 1 to think about what I'd done.

I saw the KK/T3 hand (I was out), it was funny.

Just a brutal night. I raised Aces UTG got a cold call from EMP and he ran me down with a turned two pair holding K7. Normally, I'd tell myself that in the long run I'm going to clean out that guy, but I don't have the long run here.

Lots of very passive play last night, which is good in one sense but infuriating in another. I had AT, flopped top pair on a rainbow board, bet out and am called down all the way by JJ. No raise, EVER. Not even the turn. Board was no paint, no flush draw.

Back into the breach at about 2pm EST working back from $47.

CountDuckula
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi, Mr. D! I sat at your right for an hour or 2 last night. I think you complained about my AA holding up after yours had been run down. I actually had AA two hands in a row; the first time, the flop came up x-K-K, and I lost to someone holding K-x. Then, the very next hand, I drew pocket As again, and won that one, so I got to see that from both sides. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. I was surprised to find out this morning that my $144 and change is worth 11th place (just missed the top 10 list by $8 or so!). Good to see the leaderboard looking a bit more rational, now that the players who screwed up on the rules have been weeded out. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I just wish I had more time to play, but I have a 1-hour commute each way, and my wife wants some attention from me in the evening. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
sorry to hear about the bad beats out there. if you hit the 2/4 tables look out, tons of maniacs. i had everything run down from JJ to AKs to AA. tons of limping, very few pre-flop raises unless from me or spamuell. interestingly enough, i finally ended up making the $300 with low pairs that would make a set on the flop. by tightening up, i ended up creaming a couple chasers who hit flush draws to my full houses when the board paired on both my pocket 22 and pocket 77. the hardest thing was managing the swings because of the chases, i started at 205, went to 247, down to 150 before i finally outwaited them to hit 300.

i have a hard time imagining making it much farther...and all the way to 2000?? out of the 3 or 4 live tables i've played, the highest table i ever played was 3-6-9, and got absolutely crushed.

what changes do i need to make to go to the next level?

MrDannimal
12-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Yup. Not only did your AA hold up, but you dragged a huge pot with it. Color me jealous. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was just kidding, though, when I "bitched" at the table. I can't remember if you were there when I opened raised from LMP with AK0 and it got folded through and I called the table "Cowards!" When I'm playing with people I know are more solid then most, I like to chat more. I hope the next time I see you it's because I caught up, and not because you fell down.

What REALLY got me was the clown in the upper right corner with the +$300 stack (sat down with it) who was the typical bad and mouthy player. That, and every time I had a hand I could limp with but not call two, Havana would raise and I'd have to fold and watch the flop come down big for my folded hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zog
12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Having sat across the table from Gomez, I second everything he said. A very annoying table. I managed to only lose $8 by playing about 12% preflop.

GrinningBuddha
12-04-2003, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a hard time imagining making it much farther...and all the way to 2000?? out of the 3 or 4 live tables i've played, the highest table i ever played was 3-6-9, and got absolutely crushed.

what changes do i need to make to go to the next level?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it to 5/10 last time j, which was 3 levels higher than anything I'd played online, and about double my normal live game. I found my normal game sufficed, I didn't need to make many fancy plays. The great thing about the Gaming Club is that they have weak players right up to 15-30 (according to last month's winner). The .50/1.00 may be the tightest you encounter, what with all the 2+2ers there. lol

CountDuckula
12-04-2003, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup. Not only did your AA hold up, but you dragged a huge pot with it. Color me jealous. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I suspect the fact that I'd lost with AA just before (and alluded to that fact, though I don't think I came out and said so) and called down the guy with the K trips* probably made some of the others at the table think I was tilting and just trying to "make up" for that loss. I'd wager nobody thought I'd get AA two consecutive hands; they probably thought I was just overplaying my hand! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was just kidding, though, when I "bitched" at the table. I can't remember if you were there when I opened raised from LMP with AK0 and it got folded through and I called the table "Cowards!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.... I may have been; that sounds familiar. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm playing with people I know are more solid then most, I like to chat more. I hope the next time I see you it's because I caught up, and not because you fell down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so too, and that I do indeed see you again soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What REALLY got me was the clown in the upper right corner with the +$300 stack (sat down with it) who was the typical bad and mouthy player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Tommy something. He lectured me a bit on misplaying the AA vs. KKK (which I think I did, but I couldn't let go of the possibility that the guy might be bluffing trips). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That, and every time I had a hand I could limp with but not call two, Havana would raise and I'd have to fold and watch the flop come down big for my folded hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I had that sort of thing happen to me a few times, too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

Alobar
12-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Ugh, I was up to $194 after finding a sweet short handed table, then crashed to $125 in like 10 hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will be 2/4 by the end of the day, this I swear!

Jackal22
12-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Well, playing 1/2 I made some pretty stupid plays. I had QQ in the pocket. The flop comes down KKQ. I capped the raising on every hand against a guy who had KK). Then I went on tilt and ended up at $49.75. I dropped back down to .50/1, started playing smart again and now I have about $90. Hopefully I will be back at 1/2 tonight.

bigjay
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Really enjoying this OIC. Only made the last week of the last one so didn't make it out of 0.5-1.00. At 160 now and hoping to make it up to 2-4 tonight. Playing with a few of the previous posters (including Jsmith) yesterday and had a really nice session. Too sharky a table though, didn't make much!

Alobar
12-04-2003, 06:27 PM
woohoo! after flirting with $200 for half an hour, my flush draw hit on the river, and I'm at $201.50....2/4 here I come!

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
woohoo! after flirting with $200 for half an hour, my flush draw hit on the river, and I'm at $201.50....2/4 here I come!

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations alobar!

i made it to 3/6 and I'm at $353 after winning the first three hands at the table. everything was running really slow and i got disconnected, but it was probably a good thing because this oic thing has turned me into a poker junkie! i can't stop playing because my my office is at home and it's a slow week...i don't even want to know how many hands i've played. i figure i'll keep playing as long as i'm winning and getting lucky.

Alobar
12-04-2003, 07:19 PM
keep playing those T3 man and you wont have any problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hopefully I'll be at 3/6 by the end of the day and I can exact some revenge! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaqEvil
12-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Well, despite some horriffic beats, including the same person beating my AA with 72o and rivering his gutshot that turned into an open-ender with 89o, I've reached $100. This is almost entirely due to 4 hands in a row at one table.

TT flopped a boat, then TT flopped a set, then AK flopped KKQ and, finally, 33 flopped a set. All held up, and all were large pots. Not bad.

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
keep playing those T3 man and you wont have any problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif hopefully I'll be at 3/6 by the end of the day and I can exact some revenge! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be fun to play with you agian. the swings here are crazy!! i went from 350 down to 250 in one round getting 3 good pocket pairs busted.

then, in one hand i won $101! this is tough getting used to when i just started. my hands are all shaky!

Alobar
12-04-2003, 07:44 PM
lol, well im only $20 bucks away...be afraid, be very afraid! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alobar
12-04-2003, 07:49 PM
KK holds up....3/6 and revenge here I come /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GrinningBuddha
12-04-2003, 08:05 PM
I will crush you all. Damn job. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good going boys, same some pots for me!

HavanaBanana
12-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Day one 118.68
day two 121.43
day three 202.30 and counting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had some great luck in some 'big' pots, 3 bet AA 4 caller flop KKx bet and raises, turn A! river Q nice pot , played 2 tables at the end, for some reason TGC was lagging a bit today.

jsmith5
12-04-2003, 10:56 PM
well it had to happen sooner or later. i went on tilt. down to 120 or so from 350. AA, AKs, KK, you name it. everything i had over last few hours busted. should've quit a loooonng time ago today. like around 350. sheesh.

Alobar
12-04-2003, 11:07 PM
DOH!!! That sucks man, you were looking good when I left. Your not dead yet, you worked your way up once, you can do it again.

Jackal22
12-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Back to 1/2 with $103.26.

Sleepy Weasel
12-05-2003, 03:54 AM
Went from $90.61 (.5/1) to $134.99 (1/2) today. I'm having a ton of fun at the 6 max tables (never played there before this OIC). The change of pace is refreshing, and I'm getting a lot more comfortable shorthanded, which should help me when my 10 seat tables start to break up.

I'm even still having fun after getting rivered out of consecutive pots to the tune of about $40 which would have put me within throwing distance of 2/4 (turned straight, beat by runner, runner flush, then overpair beat by river flush).

Jackal22
12-05-2003, 04:49 AM
Well, I finished the night at $115.48 , plus I did make $4 in the freeroll. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CountDuckula
12-05-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm up to $178.12, good for 12th place. I had a rough go the first couple of hours last night, starting at $144 and getting as low as $112 or so. I think there were too many OIC'ers or other solid players at my 10-player table. I finally switched to a 6-max table (I was around $125 or so at the time), and within about 45 min or so shot up to my current balance and went to bed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

There definitely seems to be something to be said for playing the short-handed tables.

-Mike

MrDannimal
12-05-2003, 10:42 AM
I was there, and vividly remember that run. Lucky for me, I was just folding trash and didn't get steamrolled.

I'm finding that there's even more value in sitting around telling war stories about people going through the same things here as there is playing.

MrDannimal
12-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I've been doing a LOT of table jumping to avoid fellow OICers (which should be seen as a compliment, guys). I'd never do that at UB, because (until recently) the hand history grabbing and stat tracking I did make it too much a hassle. Since I can't do any of that at GC, I bounce around looking for the best tables.

I might have to try the shorthanded tables. Normally, I avoid them because I don't know if I can be aggressive enough but with only 1-10 seat .50/1 table yesterday afternoon and the awful lag maybe it's worth a try. Plus, it's not my money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sleepy Weasel
12-05-2003, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might have to try the shorthanded tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. What I meant to say was, "Man, these short handed tables are killing me. They're all pros that just eat 2+2ers for a living. I'd stay away if I were you." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CountDuckula
12-05-2003, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been doing a LOT of table jumping to avoid fellow OICers (which should be seen as a compliment, guys). I'd never do that at UB, because (until recently) the hand history grabbing and stat tracking I did make it too much a hassle. Since I can't do any of that at GC, I bounce around looking for the best tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought I was better off playing with solid players, because they wouldn't hang on grimly to suck out on me with a gutshot straight draw against my pocket AA. But after last night, I think I'm better off swimming with the fishies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I might have to try the shorthanded tables. Normally, I avoid them because I don't know if I can be aggressive enough but with only 1-10 seat .50/1 table yesterday afternoon and the awful lag maybe it's worth a try. Plus, it's not my money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a hair (or more) too aggressive; I'm still reading, playing, and learning. But aggression definitely seems to pay at the short-handed tables.

-Mike

CountDuckula
12-05-2003, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might have to try the shorthanded tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. What I meant to say was, "Man, these short handed tables are killing me. They're all pros that just eat 2+2ers for a living. I'd stay away if I were you." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Well, I'm also starting to learn the handles of fellow OICers, and I'm beginning to try to avoid you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif There's plenty of fishies out there for all of us, methinks.

-Mike

jsmith5
12-05-2003, 12:20 PM
well, i finally hit a good streak to put me back over 200.
3 hands in a row:
1) JJ and it held on with lots of calllers to be top pair
2) QJs flopped QJ3 with betting into me, it held on to win
3) AA lots of reraising preflop, flop was KJX. Turn was another K, river A to complete my full house and make a flush draw possible. Again I had reraisers, so I took down a nice one.

Time to quit for a while!

HavanaBanana
12-05-2003, 07:31 PM
I was at 240 or so early this Am, but when I went to bed I was at 108.30 just 8.30 away from 50c-1.00 Hell.
I lost down to 104.30 got 79s late pos, lots of limpers, so I limped too, of course someone raised lol, flop Q7x, all check to player infront of me I risk it all and raise , all fold exept bettor, nothing else of interest comes up and I win the pot with a pair of 7's, then I get lucky and win a nice pot next hand, think I had 99 and flopped 96xturn x river 6 3rd spade , so I am on safe ground for now atleast, then I get lucky a few more times and just broke 306.30, 3-6 here I come /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well in a little bit atleast, I am playing 2 tournaments, one is NL so I am playing the 'SYSTEM' for fun, will start playing it at 50-100, for now I will just go allin with AA or KK.

bigjay
12-05-2003, 07:36 PM
I've now been oscillating between 150 and 185 for two days... I seem like I've got a hand to escape 1-2 then I get sucked back down... maybe tonight will bring better luck.

CountDuckula
12-05-2003, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was at 240 or so early this Am, but when I went to bed I was at 108.30 just 8.30 away from 50c-1.00 Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that, but aren't you allowed to get down to 25 BB at 1/2 (i.e., $50) before dropping to .50/1.00?

-Mike

GrinningBuddha
12-05-2003, 08:13 PM
2/4 is kind of a make it or break it limit, as a 25 BB loss will take you from $200 to $100, and 99.9% of the time, under $100. Therefore, you'd start over again at .50/1.00, though hopefully not for long. <shudder>

jamesburke
12-05-2003, 08:55 PM
256.36 at 2-4 just before 8 on friday night

DrCards
12-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I haven't made it yet. I haven't played all that much, but I'm languishing at around 60 in .50/1.00 hell. I know I want bad players, but getting my AQs, flopped TPTK, run down by runner runner nines AGAIN is getting painful! Hopefully I'll get to 100 someday.

HavanaBanana
12-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Bye Bye 3-6, was a lovely game actually, but I am at 512.80 had to go, 5-10 next.
But that will have to be tomorrow,got a date with my pillow now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CountDuckula
12-06-2003, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 is kind of a make it or break it limit, as a 25 BB loss will take you from $200 to $100, and 99.9% of the time, under $100. Therefore, you'd start over again at .50/1.00, though hopefully not for long. <shudder>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh -- so if you drop even a little bit below $100 from 2/4, you have to go all the way back to .50/1.00? I didn't realize that!

I just made it past $200, so I'm now in 2/4 territory, myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

SamJack
12-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Finally, I made it over 100 last night! (Early this morning I guess)

I got up 99.88 @ one point and got down to mid eighties. After a couple of good hands and voila!

See you guys @ 1/2

Sam

CountDuckula
12-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Well, now I'm up to $294 (passed $300, so I'm now playing 3/6), but the lag is hideous!!! I decided to take a break until the current freeroll passes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

jsmith5
12-06-2003, 07:38 PM
This has been a fascinating 3 days in my online poker experience (which is all of 3 days old). I shot up from the $50 to right around $400. Then I went on tilt after losing nearly $100 in a hand, all the way down to $111. But I built that back up to over $200 this morning.

Today, sitting at a 2/4 table, I only played the good cards, I played tighter and more conservative because I wanted to avoid another swing...and saw myself lose every hand I entered. Every hand. I went all the way down to $80 again, before dropping back down to the lower tables. And now I'm sitting on $30. I can't even win at the .50/1 table no matter how good my pocket cards.

I think I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off and come back on Monday to see if I can get to $200 again. If so, I'll probably cash out then. These swings are just way too big.

Jackal22
12-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Wow, i have had 4 9's, 4 10's, and 4 4's all within an hour of each other. Still working my way up to $200

CountDuckula
12-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Sigh.... Well, the $3/$6 table brought me back to earth with a resounding thud. I dropped back to $143, and am now back in $2/$4 land.

-Mike

bigjay
12-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Had a horrible run last night and dropped from around 180 to 90. Back up about to where I started wiuth a nice session tonight, hoping to break into 2-4 soon.

jsmith5
12-06-2003, 11:18 PM
It sounds like every time one of us hits a good run, another one of is feeding them the money! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

HavanaBanana
12-06-2003, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.... Well, the $3/$6 table brought me back to earth with a resounding thud. I dropped back to $143, and am now back in $2/$4 land.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

If you drop from 3-6 to 143 you are supposed to play 1-2.
(until you get up to 200, when you can play 2-4 again.)

HajiShirazu
12-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Just made it myself, in about one day. Those short tables are great!

Joe Tall
12-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Geez Count,

You ran pretty fast once, Hav and I found you on that 2/4. Don't worry kid, if you didn't know you didn't know.

Peace,
JT

Jackal22
12-07-2003, 04:36 PM
2/4 here I come with $200.48

Jackal22
12-08-2003, 12:30 AM
3/6 here I come with $310.98 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ReddTrain
12-08-2003, 10:31 PM
I finally made it myself...baby steps, but I'm getting there...

At this rate, I should be to 3/6 sometime during the (Hillary) Clinton Administration...

Big John

bigjay
12-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm at 193.... so close to 2/4 I can taste it but taking a break to watch the football game until it gets boring.

bigjay
12-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Woo-hoo, 2-4 here I come...

bigjay
12-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Finished my first ever session of 2-4. Did well on a six seater table with a few guys who were playing like nuts. The two on my right each dropped about 100 bucks or so over an hours and a half and I managed to catch 80 of it /images/graemlins/grin.gif