PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 STUPID! BEAT THIS!

Drunk Bob
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Logged into Party Poker early this morning while the coffee was brewing

Joined a Stud 8/b table.

Folded 6 hands or so,and then got a
playable hand.

Thru the hand I had A high flush draw,gutshot str8 draw and the best low draw.

On the river I hit the low and just called an opponent showing.

xx KK7J x

When my opponent took the whole pot I was cursing Party Poker .

I was looking to click on support when I saw at the top of the screen.

7 Card Stud

Before you say anything .

I Quit drinking a couple of weeks ago.

morgant
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
i have you by a mile.....when i first started learning omaha i was playing a tournament online. i realized there was omaha and o 8/b. this is from a while ago so i dont remeber how many people were playing but a 5 or 10 tournament at UB i would guess around 100 or so. anyways i played and played assuming it was 8/b. i was actually dominating the tournament and made the final table with a commanding chip lead...then i started to play cocky and attempt to pull in some pots with the low.....duh duh duh, i lost all my chips in roughly 3 hands not realizing the entire tournament that the game was plain old omaha. on my final bust out i announced to the table.."what about the low?" i must have played for 2 hours + thinking o/8 not to mention crushing the tournament..in my defense i was not concentrating on the low draws as i found many of them to be pots that would be quartered...awe who i am kidding, i barely understood the game and made a final table playing the wrong game...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Cyndie
12-03-2003, 05:54 PM
well, I switch between hilo and hi only to update the lobby and found just yesterday that my aces up lost to a lo gut shot with *no* other draw...except then I noticed I was in 10/20 hilo stud, and he was not the goof ball, I was...chasing for half the pot.

J_V
12-03-2003, 05:56 PM
I played for an hour HU stud high against a guy where I thought it was stud 8. I was playing a lot of boards and just didn't notice for a whole hour that the lows weren't getting the money. And I won almost a 100 dollars at 5-10.

Drunk Bob
12-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Im # 2.

At least I only didn't notice 6 pots not being split.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cubswin
12-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Dont feel bad.... a friend of mine once played in a PL Omaha game which he thought was a PL Omaha 8. Needless to say, he was not happy when his opponet scoped with my buddy holding the wheel.

Drunk Bob
12-03-2003, 06:14 PM
how come when I do something stupid I allways lose!

Its not fair I tell ya!

ajizzle
12-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I don't know if I have you beat, but it's pretty close.

In the BB at a 4/8 game live in Seattle. I'm on Thanksgiving break, and my friends and I decide to go back to the place where we learned how to play.

After a couple of hours, I am down about 3 BB's and am in the BB. The people at the table are nice and fun, so I decide to play my BB hand's in the dark. Luckily, only limpers PF, and I check my option.

Flop comes (I don't really remember what came, but the board was not paired and not straight draw). I checked, and by the time it got back to me, the pot was bet and raised. It was a classice free-card raise by late position, but since the pot was getting to be quite large, I decided it would be better to look at my cards and play my hand straight up. I look down and see AJ. There are is no A or J on the flop, but there are two spades, so I look back into my hand, and look at what seems to be AJ of spades. There is a weird tint to the cards, because the lighting was all [censored] up, but they were suited, and they looked black.

Anyway, I call the turn bet, and the thrid spade comes on the river. The SB bets into me, and I raise. He thinks for a really long time, but decides that a call is his best choice. I flip over my cards confidently, and so does he. The dealer says, "SB has Q high flush, and BB has A high." I look down at the cards and see that I was not looking at spades, but instead hearts.

I'm not quite sure if my eyes decieved me, or if I had too much to drink or what, but I felt really stupid.

Alobar
12-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Mine isnt quite as bad as thinking hearts where spades (or maybe it is), but I once capped the turn and the river thinking I had the straight, only to realize that 8-7-6-5 isnt a straight /images/graemlins/smile.gif

in my defense the uh, board was kinda confusing and I was playing 4 tables at once, and uhm..I think I was also strangled by the umbilical cord when I was born /images/graemlins/smile.gif