PDA

View Full Version : Figgin' KK UTG

nykenny
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Same old 10-20 hold'em game in a NYC locale (when can I find a good 20-40 game?). This night, there were a few tight players, a couple of fairly good players and a few marine life forms.

I open raise UTG with KK. UTG+1 (fish) calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB, BB folds.

Flop is 79T rainbow. I dislike, but bet. UTG+1 raises, MP folds, BB 3 bet. What's my move? I haven't played with Button much, and i haven't got any feel of his game to this point. UTG+1 is a nice old man (loose, but timid).

results to follow,

Kenny

rory
12-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Cap and come out betting on the turn. Fold to a raise.

-rory

nykenny
12-03-2003, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap and come out betting on the turn. Fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting, i will consider.

Kenny

rivaridge
12-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Tough one. Id be very concerned about the button having a set here (what else would he be three betting)and I would put the fishman on a draw (qj) which would make a third king less helpful. Id probably call and be ready to fold to another raise on turn. A read on button would help here.

brad
12-03-2003, 08:12 PM
always be an optimist on the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

raiser has a Ten and 3 bettor has a QJ for open end (+backdoor flush) and is trying to get you off AK/AQ/AJ whatever

or buutton JJ (eg soething u can beat

slavic
12-03-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking draw with a pair here for the Button, I'd reraise and fire one on the flop as long as a 6,J,Q,T or 8 doesn't fall. A king could be good or bad for you, so you need to request a pair of dueces from the dealer. Tell him you'll double the toke and I'm sure he'll take care of ya.

elysium
12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
hi ny
reraise. the button wants you to check to him on the turn, if not, he would have called. you're in the lead here ny.

nykenny
12-03-2003, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A read on button would help here.

[/ QUOTE ]
no read /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nykenny
12-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Actually, I called and UTG+1 called.

the turn was a 6, making board 679T, button bet and we both called. (this was a very bad call i guess. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

river was a T, no flush. we both called again.

UTG+1 had JJ, Button won with J8o.

Thanks for all the feedback. I played really bad. shame on me.

Kenny

Tommy Angelo
12-04-2003, 01:08 AM
I couldn't quite follow it kenny but if what happened was you called two cold on the flop and then check-called all the way, I think you played it perfect.

Tommy

elindauer
12-04-2003, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap and come out betting on the turn. Fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this as well, against most players, where the determining factor is how capable your opponents are of raising the turn with a hand you can beat. There is a good chance you are ahead right now.

nykenny
12-04-2003, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if what happened was you called two cold on the flop and then check-called all the way, I think you played it perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Tommy, for the feedback. That's exactly what i did, but i am very troubled by it. Do you really like this play? I thought I could have laid it down at some point.

Kenny

turnipmonster
12-04-2003, 12:03 PM
hey kenny, a while back I convinced myself I was losing money with overpairs, particularly on scary boards. So one night I laid down QQ on the turn a "straight likely" (one card off) board and two opponents. I ended up folding the best hand, and cost myself a big pot against two jokers.

In the absense of a strong read, I would pay off in your spot a large percentage of the time, I thought you did fine.

--turnipmonster