PDA

View Full Version : A shorthanded situation

Inthacup
12-03-2003, 01:20 PM
10 20 game, pretty soft line up by shorthanded standards

You raise in the CO w/ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Button cold calls, BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

You bet, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn A /images/graemlins/club.gif

You bet, Button raises, BB folds and it's back to you.

Do you:

I'd especially like to know why you voted the way you did. In another post, I'll explain what I did and why I think it's right or wrong. Thanks for the input.

Cup

Schneids
12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
I think a 3-bet here is easily wrong. The guy is making the raise hoping you don't have an ace and will fold. If you three-bet he's folding anything other than an ace or two (and sometimes he might fold the two too) and you don't want him to fold less since you should be able to extract more out of him on the river.

Depending on your feel for the player, it'd be right to bet out again on the river and force him to call one, or else go for a check raise. If you think he's aggressive enough to pull out another bet on the river than definitely check raise. However, I think my default play would be to bet the river since many opponents will get fearful of your call and check behind you on the river if you check since they'll probably be like "oh great he has KK and won't let go of it" or something to that effect, if they're playing back at you with something like 66, they'll likely just give up.

Paluka
12-03-2003, 02:08 PM
If you 3 bet the guy is going to fold when he doesn't have an Ace. If you just call, your attempted checkraise on the river fails extremely often when you are ahead. When you just call and then bet the river, your river bets looks like you are doing something shady and will induce calls from a ton of hands that would not bet the river when checked to. So, call the turn raise and bet the river is the answer.

Inthacup
12-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the replies I've received thus far. At the time I'm posting this, 2 people have voted for 3-betting and 3 people have voted for check raising the river.

Can I get an opinion from each group justifying this play?

I'll post my results soon.

Cup