PDA

View Full Version : TGC - Potential Prob with OIC daily prizes

SamJack
12-03-2003, 11:41 AM
TGC guy,

First of all, thank you for providing this opportunity yet again. I learned a lot during the last OIC and I truly believe Dec. OIC will again be helpful in improving my game.

I understand that one of the daily prize you will be giving is largest jump on the leader board. I see a potential problem with this.

My understanding is that if one busts out, he/she can reload with his/her own $50.

This leaves a possibility of increasing one's OIC balance from $0 to $50 (or more) overnight.

I can't be certain, but I think that will cause the jump in ranking of 100 or more. I say this because I'm currently at 153 out of 230 with only $33.

One can go from a possible rank of 230 (although I'm sure there are many tied with $0) to a probable top 100 just by reloading. Of course this has to be timed. e.g. Bust before the leaderboar update, and reload after.

Anyway, I'm not sure that act of reloading should merit a dialy prize.

Some possible solutions are:

1. Prohibit reloads. (I don't like this since it goes against the spirit of OIC.

2. Rely on a honor system. Bust and reload should be made on the same day.

3. Who cares, let one of the guys who reload get the free $50.

Sam

Mike Haven
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
You make a valid point, in theory.

In practice, I doubt if a $50 increase would win a daily prize, and anyway, as TGC confirmed in another thread, they have a quick look at prize-winners' accounts - this would show up immediately. (Plus, of course, the "prize-winner" himself would be honour-bound to inform TGC if a mistake was made.)

Alobar
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
I think the real problem with that prize is the fact that the leader board isnt acurate.

For example, I am listed as 10th with $139, the reality is I finished yesterday with $67...dont ask me how I'm listed as $139. But today say I go on a rush and end at $169, am I only going to be seen as having jumped $30, when I really jumped $100?? I know there are other people in the top 10 who have said that thier total is also incorrect.

tiltboy
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
The leaderboard is based on your total funds at TGC minus any non-OIC funds. You have to manually deduct any non-OIC funds from the total to get an accurate OIC total using this page at The Gaming Club Poker. (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/oic) . I know I have not done this as I won $110 in the freeroll the other day which I have not deducted from my total. I will do this as soon as I get home as I don't have access to my tgc account number at work. I would hope everyone else participating would do the same.

SExyBeast
12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
i update each night as soon as i finish playing

love the oic as its giving me a chance to play limit without risk ... ive always played nl or pl he or stud8 so its good and hopefully ill improve on last months 233$ total ... not to good but hey profits better than loss

was up to $75 quite quickly but got crazy bb 3 in a row down to 54$ crawling back up $58 just now /images/graemlins/crazy.gif gl and treat this as it is fun and a great learning experience

also any1 found to be intenionally cheating to gain prizes should be banned ... if some1 makes a small error in non oic fair enuff but big discrepancies are blatant and cheating is cheating

gl all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tiltboy
12-03-2003, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i update each night as soon as i finish playing

[/ QUOTE ]
This is optimal but in my case it was after 3am when I finally busted out 5th in the freeroll and I wasn't going to receive any prize money until the tourney finished. I wasn't physically able to stay up any longer to wait for that and still function the next day so I put it off for another day. Then the next day I forgot about it. Chit happens. I know I wouldn't accept any oic prize I didn't rightfully deserve and I think almost every one of the other 2+2 regulars wouldn't either. </soapbox>