PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Problem of Concern

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 11:35 AM
This was really odd. Playing in a full game at Party. Here is the situation after the river:

I held KAo

There was a king and an ace on the board, giving me two pair, kings and aces.

At the showdown two other players each showed one king. The system said they split the pot with three kings each!

Of course that can't happen. I had a king, one was on the board, and they each had one, for each of them to have had 3 kings with only one on the board, and one in my hand, would take 6 kings!

I first requested the and history be mailed to me.I have the hand number and called the 888 number. She was hard to understand and asked me to log on again and contact a live floorperson via their chat. They told me that the system was down for viewing hand histories and that I should contact them via info@partypoker.com. I got into my email program and had a message saying that the hand histories weren't available due to a system problem. I sent them a message outlining the problem and am awaiting a reply.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? It would seem to indicate a possible major glitch in their system. I know they've had some problems today with their server and such, but this would seem like it would be software related. I've played thousands of hands there with no problems. I just wanted to share the info and see what anyone else might have to say.

karlson
12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
I know paradise had a bug at some point where the card images got cached incorrectly and people reported seeing cards different from what the server thought they had. Maybe it's something similar.

As far as the hand histories being down, that seems to happen surprisingly often.

For all the junk in the internet forum (although I guess it's getting better), I am sure that there are a few people who know some tips and tricks in dealing with Party support. My own experiences have been quite negative.

That said, I can hardly imagine you not getting your money back from that hand eventually.

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks Karlson. My experience with their customer service so far has been very poor. I called the 888 number right away. The lady was very nice, but I could not understand her. She suggested I contact a live floor person from the site. I did that, they said they couldn't pull hand histories at that time and that I should email info@partypoker.com. I did that and received a reply this morning saying that they couldn't do anything until they could retrieve the hand. I went back online and hooked up with Zapnil, a live floorperson. They found the hand, and instead of showing me with A,Ko, they were showing Kd,5d. Of course, even with that hand, and a K on the board, there is no way two other players could have each had two kings to have three k's each. I said that at this point I'd make less than minimum wage for my time trying to straighten this out even if they credited my account. They said they couldn't do that until they could verify this. Zapnil told me that nothing like this has ever happened in the history of their site! I know from reading here that was a false statement. I sent another email and received a reply stating that they are upgrading their server and can't respond right now. I really like Partypoker, but it seems that they are having more than their share of problems.

karlson
12-03-2003, 02:20 PM
That sucks.

I don't know of this ever happening before on Party. Paradise acknowledged at least once to my knowledge.

It's a pity that you didn't have a brilliant instant reaction to take a screenshot.

Anyway, if you haven't done so already, you probably want to post this on the internet forum. People there may have suggestions.

Martin Aigner
12-03-2003, 02:42 PM
fadeblue,

Iīve had my share of problems with Party too. IMO the only person over there who can help is Lucy Jones. Mail her at lucyjones@partypoker.com

Best regards

Martin Aigner

ElSapo
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
IMO the only person over there who can help is Lucy Jones.

It never occured to me that Lucy Jones might be a real person. I always assumed she was a marketing tool.

Huh.

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll contact Lucy right away. I ended up having a long phone conversation with someone at Partypoker,but didn't accomplish anything from it other than a promise to continue looking into it, and the ascertation that no such thing could ever happen, and has never happened. I'll let everyone know how my contact with lucy goes.

Martin Aigner
12-03-2003, 05:51 PM
ElSapo,

I obviously donīt know whether she really exists, but at least the mails you send to this adress will be handled.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Thank you so much for the contact info for Lucy. She credited my account with the amount of the pot. I also pm'd Lori who suggested that perhaps my downloaded software is corrupted, which is something I hadn't thought of.

I will certainly pay much more attention to showdown hands in the future to see if everything adds up. Thanks everyone for the help.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-03-2003, 09:14 PM
The bottom line is their software SUCKS MAJOR EGGS. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

al