PDA

View Full Version : The OIC is NOT OVER:

Gaming Club
12-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Quick update for the Zoo:

The player claiming on RGP that he has completed the OIC has in fact NOT DONE SO.

In particular,he:
• Started too early
• Made the majority of his profits at games outside the the limits as defined by the rules.

The leader board reflects that his balance is currently under review and we will be mailing him accordingly. Based on the outcome, we will ammend the leader board.

We note that there is some concern regarding the declaration of non-OIC funds and that certain ranking players are higher than they should be. This is due to bad timing. The declarations came after the final count, but will reflect correctly tomorrow.

Apologies for continued non-response to posts and PM's, we're currently somewhat underwater, and will catch up in the next couple of days.

GC

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Funny how you bring in the others and stupid stuff like this happens. Shows a lot for the 2+2ers, I feel.

Good luck with all of that GC.

Peace,
JT

SamJack
12-03-2003, 11:16 AM
How is it that some people have $0 as starting OIC money?

Sam

Stagemusic
12-03-2003, 11:35 AM
I had to laugh when I looked and the leaderboard said that I previously ranked 45th with a balance of $5000...great, I am cashing out now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrackerZack
12-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Merciless.

Give 'em a day or so to clean this up. Not all of us were so diligent in declaring our non-oic funds apparently if you look at the OIC leaderboard.

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Merciless.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could I not be? RGP is a wasteland of spammers and cheaters.

[ QUOTE ]
Give 'em a day or so to clean this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but I've got this feeling they'll be doing it again.

[ QUOTE ]
Not all of us were so diligent in declaring our non-oic funds apparently if you look at the OIC leaderboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but as LondonBroil and JTG, both noble 2+2ers, have stated they have misrepresented. The RGPer claims he won.

Peace,
JT

CrackerZack
12-03-2003, 12:10 PM
I couldn't agree more with all your quotes. I made a few posts here about how I was down on the OIC this time due to the fact that RGP was involved and angleshooting and cheating would run rampant. Then TGC promised to police all people qualifying for daily prizes and people reaching 2K for cheating. They said they had the tools and while they didn't want to have to do it, would be willing to do it to preserve the integrity. My faith was renewed and I plopped down at .50/1.00 and started off. Got up to $92 before I went on a run of 88/99/TT where I probably had one of those pairs 7 times in 2 hours and lost all 7. Finished around $70 helped by a tiltfest only playing .50/1.00 can do to me. There was no full 10/20 goign yesterday anyway so I didn't feel any real need to step up.

I completely agree with your assessment but TGC has agreed at least in principle to check daily prize winners and people that claim to have completed it, and that alone has made me want to play again.

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Did you not say that you were catching up on emailed in a few days like a week ago?

How about using the money you re-possesed from the fraudulent oic leader and distribute it to players who were less then 50 hands away from getting the bonus again.

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:11 PM
You make it liike this competition is the olympics or something.

For your information. there are some very intelligent people who post on rgp. Howard Lederer is one of them.

Many on rgp call 2+2 a wasteland!

CrackerZack
12-03-2003, 01:15 PM
For every howard lederer there are 150 spammers and affiliates. I mentioned about RGP in my orignal complaint that its a wasteland except for a few big names and some of the golden oldies, but there are less than 20 of these people total.

As for your whining about not getting another free $50, you've managed to pass Ryan_21 as the most annoying poster harping on one topic. Maybe someone will beat Cy Young's win record after all.

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:17 PM
What is wrong with you?? If my posts annoy you do not read them. Is that too much effort for your feeble mind to handle?

Mike Haven
12-03-2003, 01:19 PM
the money you re-possesed from the fraudulent oic leader

why did they do this? didn't he win his money in games honestly?

distribute it to players who were less then 50 hands away from getting the bonus again

what's this about? it sounds like you have a problem - how about sharing it with us?

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You make it liike this competition is the olympics or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!? I could give a fcuk who wins. I just found it funny that in one day an RGPer goes and f-s it up.

[ QUOTE ]
For your information. there are some very intelligent people who post on rgp. Howard Lederer is one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this, but thanks anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Many on rgp call 2+2 a wasteland!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny stuff.

Peace,
JT

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:22 PM
The gaming club guy stated that the person from rgp started too early and did not play the limits he was supposed to. Basicly that he broke the rules. He mentioned something of an adjustment.

The fact that he was given money to play the oic is the reason his funds would be taken. If someone gets money to play the oic, and does not decide to abide by the rules should they still be able to keep the money made form the oic bonus?

Stagemusic
12-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Good Lord. You really are something. At what point do you think that they SHOULD have cut it off? Right at your level? How about the person right below you? Would you have felt better if they had said 400? Then you would have been 150 off. Still griping probably. Just where do you think would have been fair? You really need to take a good look at yourself. Do you need $50 that bad? Quite simply, poker is a game played for money. If you don't have any, you can't play. Go back to Yahoo and play for fun.

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Do you need $50 that bad?

No, obvoiusly the gaming club needs it more then I, considering their rediculous hand requirements. Perhaps you missed the 20 or so posts about people who had around 250 hands. I made a point stating that it looked like the gaming club made the mark 50 hands higher then average so they would not have to give out the bonus to hardly anyone again. Moreover, it seems like you just read parts of what I post, and put words into my mouth. Try reading the whole thing nextime. Or better yet, do not read it at all if you are getting too mad.

GOOD LORD YOURSELF!

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he was given money to play the oic is the reason his funds would be taken. If someone gets money to play the oic, and does not decide to abide by the rules should they still be able to keep the money made form the oic bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

GC is hosting the OIC and how they intend to make rulings is their business I would think, since it's their money.

Peace,
JT

CountDuckula
12-03-2003, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The gaming club guy stated that the person from rgp started too early and did not play the limits he was supposed to. Basicly that he broke the rules. He mentioned something of an adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing (JMHO, of course) that the adjustment will take the form of declaring any portion of the bankroll won by not following the rules to be non-OIC funds. I.e., if he started out at .50/1.00, won $50-ish there, then decided to jump into NL or some such, he'd still have his $100 or so for the OIC, and the remainder of his BR would be considered non-OIC bankroll.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as long as he goes back to square one and plays by the rules, I'd say yes. After all, we are allowed to carry a non-OIC balance which isn't subject to the rules; the money won that way would just not count for the OIC. He still won it fairly (I assume) by the rules of the site, just not under the terms of this particular competition.

-Mike

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you missed the 20 or so posts about people who had around 250 hands. I made a point stating that it looked like the gaming club made the mark 50 hands higher then average so they would not have to give out the bonus to hardly anyone again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds logical to me. Those who gave the full effort and played over 1000 hands, obviously benefitted, and if they need to protect their own intested by setting a level, so be it. It's their money.

Peace,
JT

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
GC is hosting the OIC and how they intend to make rulings is their business I would think, since it's their money.

Good point Joe but, the TGC manager has said time and time again about how rulings and decisions on OIC rule violations, would be handled in conjunction with the opinions of those here on 2+2.

If you like I can pull up some of his quotes for you.

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Right. The only problem is why would someone need the 50.00 bonus again if they completed the OIC successfully, and gave "full effort"?

Get my drift?

SamJack
12-03-2003, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, obvoiusly the gaming club needs it more then I, considering their rediculous hand requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

What so rediculous about that. I played the Nov. OIC for a total of probably 20 hours max. I had no problem clearing the 300 raked hand requirement.

[ QUOTE ]
I made a point stating that it looked like the gaming club made the mark 50 hands higher then average so they would not have to give out the bonus to hardly anyone again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if they did, so what? It's their perogative. Contrary to what you're saying, 'Hardly anyone'? I am willing to bet many of us cleared the 300 hand requirement w/o a problem.

TGC is running a business. It sponsors the OIC because it sees +EV for them. Stop being a cry baby and pony up the $50 bucks if you want to participate. I hope you last more than 300 hands so you won't complain about not getting the $50 for the next OIC.

Sam

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Even if they did, so what? It's their perogative

I was making a statement in regards to TGC manager's recent post about, how they created the OIC with somewhat "non-commercial intentions". Obviously rasing the hand requirement slightly above average is not non-commercial.

I guess some of you will not agree with what I am saying, and thats ok. Nevertheless you all have the right to your opinion.

All I ask is that you guys read the past posts by the TGC manager, and see that was he is saying are very much to the contrary of the actions his company is taking in regards to the OIC event.

It is ok to disagree with someone. Although, it is equally important you get the full picture before responding.

Gomez22
12-03-2003, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right. The only problem is why would someone need the 50.00 bonus again if they completed the OIC successfully, and gave "full effort"?

[/ QUOTE ]

So then the question of: Why would a whining, sniveling blowhard cry and whine when they DIDN'T make the required amount of raked hands? Could stand to be reasoned with the same logic as your presumptions about the OIC and TGC?

Grow Up, get a Life and quit whining about the OIC, Gabyyyyy..... you're showing a big level of immaturity here with all the complaining. If you have a problem with TGC, take it up with them personally. If you didn't qualify for the funds for the current OIC, you have no one to blame but yourself and poor play.

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only problem is why would someone need the 50.00 bonus again if they completed the OIC successfully, and gave "full effort"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe after the OIC they pushed All-in their entire GC-bankroll holding (AA)KK after raising the bring-in to $20 and had (88)Q8 call them while playing NL-7-card-stud and they failed to improve. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dem's the breaks, gab, the world isn't all cream-puffs and candy.

Peace,
JT

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 01:49 PM
So then the question of: Why would a whining, sniveling blowhard cry and whine when they DIDN'T make the required amount of raked hands?

What required hands?? No hand requirment was set for qualification for the next OIC. Do you understand? We had no idea how many hands we had to play. I am sure, perhaps I would have played a bit more modestly, if I had the requirment information for next months OIC.

Grow Up, get a Life and quit whining about the OIC, Gabyyyyy..... you're showing a big level of immaturity here with all the complaining

Yes you are showing your great sense of maturity by calling me a, "whining, sniveling, blowhard"

CrackerZack
12-03-2003, 02:13 PM
I get your drift. If you can't cut it at the .50/1.00 games and lose all your money, you should be given more for free. If you can, you shouldn't. So if you lose all the money and only pay a small amount of rake for the time it takes you to lose all your money, you should be given more over and over again. If you're good enough to win your way up and continue playing again and again and generate high amounts of rake, you shouldn't. I understand this perfectly. TGC, are listening? This isn't a business, its welfare, work on it.

Stagemusic
12-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Geez. And all this time I thought he was just whining because he didn't do very well in the first OIC. He wanted MONEY? I must really be slipping. I didn't think that at all. TGC doesn't stand for "The Gift Club"?

esknights
12-03-2003, 02:34 PM
TGC has every right to put in a hand requirement for the bonus. They have already been very kind in the amount of bonuses given, plus they are giving $50 to 500 new players this month. I believe that is 25k if my computer calculator is correct /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Personally, I am surprised they gave money to former participants and thank them by playing more at their site.

Alobar
12-03-2003, 02:46 PM
so thats 1 vote for give gabyy money

and 850 votes for STFU already

looks like the opinions of the 2+2'ers have been counted

LondonBroil
12-03-2003, 03:48 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu7.jpg

gabyyyyy
12-03-2003, 03:48 PM
It is she.

Alobar
12-03-2003, 03:54 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Joe Tall
12-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Oh my, that's too funny!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
JT

Stagemusic
12-04-2003, 08:55 AM
My sides hurt...great stuff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif