PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 "chick" forum

J_V
12-03-2003, 06:12 AM
I believe the Other Topics forum was invented so guys would have a forum to vent about girls. If not, if should have been.

However, the politicians seemed to have taken over. Booooooooring!!! No actually, I would love to talk politics with you guys, but I can't keep up. Some of us have to play poker once in a while though and we can't spend all our time on CNN.com. All you folks need is a work cited and you'd get published. Alger writes a book everyday (not that I have time to read it). With most of you, I would be embarrassed to talk politics, I just can't hang.

Anyway, that's not important. I want to talk about girls. That's what's important in my life. I'm 23 and I can't help it. So let me lead the discussion.

I feel before we can really get to the nitty, gritty you gotta come clean with your flops. Most guys have a "score" or two that they can brag about (and usually do) but what breaks the ice is a good old fashion belly flop. So, before you can answer my girl question, you should lead with a good disaster story of your own. A real woulda coulda shoulda, or one where you just stunk up the joint.

One of my good friends has a disaster about where this girl invited him back to her college dorm, then asked him to go check out her stuffed animals on her bed, then locked the door behind him and told him how much she liked him - and he managed to flat-out blow the deal. I think the words "if you ever want it or need it" were the culprit. LOL. If only I had that on tape.

Oh by the way, for you old-timers "girl" is the new term for women. I know Mr. Tom Haley chastized me for not calling ladies women and found the term "girl" derogatory, but its standard talk for the Y Generation and not considered impolite to girls around my age. So forgive me. We don't open the girl's car doors like Andy Fox did in his day and I'm not calling anyone a woman. Boys and girls.

True or False: When you approach girls in a crowded bar and introduce yourself, they know what the story is, and what you want?

True or False: Girls want sex just as much as guys?

True of False: You have a much better chance approaching a girl outside of a bar/nightclub?

Mason, you started a Vince Lepore forum before you started a girl forum....shame on you. It should be a special other topics forum at the least.

For the politicians reading this, I'll do my John McGlaughlin impersonation and say "The answers is: True, False, True!!" And man is Eleanor Clint annoying! (Can't you tell I'm desperate to capture the politician 25-45 demographic here).

baggins
12-03-2003, 09:32 AM
i'd say true, almost true, and true.

i've had my share of bad experiences, but they tend to be long, drawn out heartrending tales i do not have time for right now.

however, things are lookin good with a little cutie i've known for a few months. takin it slow, and working the network of friends and gossips. in any event, it seems like it is going to work out.

however, sex is NOT what i'm looking for here. I want a girl i can eventually marry. then i will worry about sex. most of you are probably thinking i am crazy, but that's just me.

anyway, good luck to ya. let's hear some more stories.

and i wouldn't be opposed to a 'chicks' forum either. it would be downright hilarious. and a much needed relief from the crap that gets posted in here.

adios
12-03-2003, 10:35 AM
"So forgive me. We don't open the girl's car doors like Andy Fox did in his day and I'm not calling anyone a woman."

Ok but don't knock it if you haven't tried it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

daryn
12-03-2003, 11:17 AM
for some reason i find going to bars to find women to be a stupid idea

Ray Zee
12-03-2003, 02:20 PM
2+2 is about fairness and equality. if it has a chick forum it must then have a guy forum for our two girl(lady) posters. also a gay forum and lesbian one at that. and what about a forum for montana sheep lovers.

Gamblor
12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
I find, whenever I hear a story about the "New Age" sensitive men who've had their hearts broken, etc. etc. that there's one underlying theme.

They all crave the approval of women so badly, and are so brainwashed by movies, tv, and literature, that they have forgotten what it really takes to make a woman fall in love.

It ain't sappy language.

It ain't money and it certainly ain't nice guys.

It's men.

That's all you gotta do.

Be a man. A real man. Respect her, love her, all that crap. But be a man.

andyfox
12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
"like Andy Fox did in his day"

This is my day, boy.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

adios
12-03-2003, 03:13 PM
"This is my day, boy."

That's the way I feel to and I'm older than you.

adios
12-03-2003, 03:15 PM
"Respect her, love her, all that crap."

I wouldn't call that crap /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

andyfox
12-03-2003, 03:15 PM
All my posts are long, I don't know why I (Long}ed this one.

Anyway, between marriages (I've never been with a 10, but I am paying alimony to two 5's.) I was, what else, playing poker every day. One day a very nice looking young woman (girl, whatever) comes into the game. We start to talk. We hit it off. I turn over the nuts on the river head-up rather than betting. She thanks me. The other players want to throw up. Who can blame them? We go have a drink. We have another. Things are going swimmingly.

By and by we end up at my place. She goes into the bathroom to shower up. She comes out. She has a rather sulllen look on her face. I prefer to think it's not because all the socks I own are on the bathroom floor, or that I have taken off most of my clothes, but who knows.

Now at this point in the story I need to tell you this women (girl) was Asian. Her English was poor. This is no doubt why we had hit it off so well. Not communicating is tremendously underrated in relationships.

Anyway, out she comes from the bathroom, towel carelessly draped around her (one of my favorite looks), sullen look on her face. She comes over to me and says, "We need go store." I think for a moment, and am about to tell her I have protection in my possession, when she says the two words I shall never forget:

"Period come."

Indeed.

So off we go to the all-night market. I know the check-out woman (girl) there because, being suddenly single, I would make frequent late night sojourns for things that I had run out of, like soap and food and clothing, those kinds of things. But I had never made a 2 AM run for this kind of thing.

Yuki (I'll call her this, because that was her name) picks out the feminine hygiene product she needs and we put it on the check-out counter. My friend at the market looks at me, looks at her, looks at the product, and she inquires of me, "Anything else, Andy?"

I purse my lips and reply, "What more could I possibly need?"

So it looked like it wasn't going to be quite the night I had imagined it would be. And it wasn't. Although during the middle of the night Yuki did manage to thrill and delight me. (I'll leave it for others to elaborate). So it wasn't an altogether bad, ahem, beat.

Alas, the story has an unhappy ending. As was my wont in those days, I loaned Yuki a buy-in the next morning and another one later that day. We were going to have dinner that night at the club when she excused herself to go the ladies room, I assume to, shall we say, freshen up. She never came out. At least not to see me. Disappeared into thin air. Pfft. Gone. And I had opened the door for her and everything.

I heard a couple of years later that she moved in with one of the props. She would play for days on end without sleeping or eating. A sicko. No wonder why we hit it off. I assume he ended up out more than two buy-ins.

Perhaps it was worth it.

All comments not appreciated.

Vehn
12-03-2003, 03:20 PM
I think this is the perfect time for my favorite quote:

"I'd be gay if it wasn't for the sex with men part."

-me

Mangatang
12-03-2003, 03:38 PM

I have a theory about this. I call it the "Swimming Pool Theory".

To start off, I think it's fairly obvious that girls can "hook up" much easier than guys (if they want to). That doesn't mean that ANY girl can attract ANY guy, but in general, a girl can find a willing partner more readily than a guy can.

So why don't they? If guys had this power, they'd be using it all the time, right?

It's like the friend you had when you were a kid who had a swimming pool in his back yard. Every time you went over to visit him, you wanted to go swimming, but the kid was never up for it. He would say stuff like, "Nah, let's do something else" or "Later, I just swam yesterday." The kid had gotten so used to being able to swim anytime he wanted, that it became less appealing to him, thus he didn't swim as often.

It's the same thing with girls. Girls know they have the option of hooking up with a guy anytime they want, so it becomes less appealing to them. They say stuff like, "Nah, not right now, I'm not in the mood" or "Is that all you think about?"

So in a sense, girls have their own sexual swimming pool in their back yard, and can go swimming anytime they want.

I know this does not describe EVERY girl or guy (because there are always exceptions), but in general, I think it explains a lot about the differences between men's and women's sex drive.

So according to the Swimming Pool Theory, the answer is FALSE.

Ulysses
12-03-2003, 03:40 PM
So I'm in NY. I'm staying at the new W there. Or maybe the Royalton. Doesn't matter. Some nice hotel w/ a swanky bar. Some friends meet me there for a drink. This one super-hot chick that I've met before but don't know well, at some point in the evening says "I've been to this bar a lot, but I've never seen what the rooms here look like - could you show me yours?" So we go up to the room. I manage to somehow screw up this layup.

CCass
12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
You guys crack me up, got Coke (Soda) coming out of my nose.

Baggins - If you are not looking for sex, then Marriage is definitely the thing to do (hope my wife doesn't read this).

Ray - the Montana Sheep Lovers comment was too much.

Andy - the two 5's comment caused me to fall out of my chair. And the story gets better from there.

Vehn - I used to have a different name for it, but your swimming pool theory is spot on.

Story #1. In college, have a female friend that is dating this guy. They break-up, and I think she wants to hook up with me, but I am not sure. She comes over to my apartment so we can study for a Math final. After about 30 minutes of study, she asks where the bathroom is, I point her in the general direction of my room (had to go thru my bedroom to get to the bathroom). After about 10 minutes, she hasn't returned, and I become concerned that she may be ill. So as I head towards my room, I find her pants laying in front of my door, and her in my bed. I didn't screw this one up!!! However, we never hooked up again, maybe I was "off" that night...lol

Story #2. I had set my sights on a cute co-ed who happened to play for the University softball team. We went out a couple of times, things were progressing (a bit slowly I thought), when a mutual friend asked me how I was doing with the young lady. I responded that it was a little slow, but ok. He commented back that maybe it was because we had many things in commen. I found out a few days later that 1 of the things we had in commen was a love of women. Mark one down in the Losers column.

elwoodblues
12-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Nice theory...I had a swimming pool and hot twin neighbors who loved bikinis. I didn't mind swimming every time they and there friends came over.

Vehn
12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Heh not my swimming pool theory, Mangatang's.

My theory is simple.

Men want sex 2-3 times a day.

Women want sex once or twice a week.

God hates us.

Gamblor
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Bullshit.

Is it so impossible to believe that there are women who still chase their husbands around after the kids are put to bed?

Like I said. Gotta be a man.

When they're in love with you man, you can't do wrong. They want sex 24/7.

The problem is, women get together and talk about this all day long. Men don't. So they know how to beat us. Trust me, a good woman in love will have sex with you even if she's not in the mood.

How many times do you think Tom Cruise or Clint Eastwood get rejected? Can you imagine Clint Eastwood or Pierce Brosnan begging for sex?

But say too many dumb things, act like a wimp, be a child and beg, and she'll lose interest, and fast. You're no longer the romantic hero on the white horse she thought you were, and you're out of the ballgame.

Find a new girl who thinks of you that way.

M2d
12-03-2003, 09:01 PM
you and Boris want your own forum???

BTW, have been getting schoolie stripers to 20" on white wooly buggers in the bay, and rockfish and lings on bigger wooly buggers off the jettys under the golden gate. when you coming down again?

Ray Zee
12-04-2003, 01:06 AM
hope to get down jan. or feb. when we get some real cold snaps. so far its a mild winter but a little wet.

Jim Kuhn
12-04-2003, 02:09 AM
Ray,

I feel left out. You should be more politically correct. I am a German American and you did not mention a forum for German Americans! I am going to contact the administrators of this forum and report you bigots! My Brother knows a lawyer and I just might .................................... Settle out of court?

M2d
12-04-2003, 03:19 AM
you realize that that's bait dunking time.

Cyrus
12-04-2003, 05:07 AM
"You have a much better chance approaching a girl outside of a bar/nightclub."

False.

The girl goes to the bar/nightclub in order to get approached. Duh.

Rick Nebiolo
12-04-2003, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, out she comes from the bathroom, towel carelessly draped around her (one of my favorite looks), sullen look on her face. She comes over to me and says, "We need go store."

[/ QUOTE ]

"We need to go store" reminded me of the movie "Booty Call". Good and funny flick. I can't look at Saran Wrap without laughing.

~ Rick

Cyrus
12-04-2003, 05:19 AM
Great idea, Ray, to have a Gay & Lesbian forum here. Me too, I believe that straight men have a lot to learn from lesbians and straight women have a lot to learn from gays.

I will leave it for others to elaborate.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

brad
12-04-2003, 06:39 AM
You have a much better chance (of successfully picking up) (approaching) a girl outside of a bar/nightclub.

probably true , although of course you can try again and again at (big) nightclubs.

'The girl goes to the bar/nightclub in order to get approached.'

true but many girls draw the line there, especially if they are out with the girls.

ChipWrecked
12-04-2003, 02:46 PM
The Tao of Steve (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0234853/)

Contains the all-time great line: Women can smell an agenda like sh!t on a shoe.

John Feeney
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Heh, great read. We need get Andy post more those. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phat Mack
12-04-2003, 06:09 PM
True or False: When you approach girls in a crowded bar and introduce yourself, they know what the story is, and what you want?

What is the story? Do you want to meet someone or get laid? No matter. If they don't know the story when you walk up, they will in a few seconds.

The next time you're in a club, try this. Walk up to her and say, "Excuse me, miss," (always put your best foot forward) "but I was wondering if you would answer a question. You are on the button with J9o. There is a posted big blind, a small blind and a big blind. It's folded to you. What do you do?" If she says, "Fold," you can have your way with her.

True, very true. Just like men: some want a little, some a lot. It's Nature's little joke that she mixes and matches when she forms couples. If you like lots of sex, find a girl who acts like she likes lots of sex, not says she likes lots of sex.

True of False: You have a much better chance approaching a girl outside of a bar/nightclub?

I'm amazed that you ask this question. All the 23-year-olds that I know use Friendster, etc. At any rate, some things never change: bars are the worst place to meet girls.

I was a bartender for years. If you do try to meet girls in bars, remember this. There are three type of pickups: the pickup where the girl picks up the guy; the pickup where the girl picks up the guy and makes it look like the guy is picking up the girl; and the pickup where the girl picks up the guy and makes it look like an accident.

GL

J_V
12-04-2003, 10:22 PM
That's great Phat Mack, funny stuff. I think we can be buddies again if you apologize for liking Master and Commander.

I can't do the friendster thing. It seems like a great place to meet people, but I could never tell people I met someone online. It's just too lame for me. However, Glenn and I did start a friendly competition about who would have a higher wink/view ratio on match.com. If I win this, then I'll even the score. He has bb/hr, I'm gonna get wink/view. Fair trade. But I have found that chicks dig a healthy bb/hr ratio.

Boopotts
12-04-2003, 11:12 PM
I believe I speak for the bulk of the 2+2 family when I say that all written exchanges between Montana sheep lovers who frequent these boards are best left to private messages.

andyfox
12-05-2003, 02:54 AM

Phat Mack
12-05-2003, 05:42 AM
I think we can be buddies again if you apologize for liking Master and Commander.

Nah, I still like it. But if you don't like sailing ships shooting cannons at each other, I have another one for you--a western. It's got good Indians and bad Indians, good white-eyes and bad white-eyes, and, get this, multiple damsels in distress. Also witchcraft, some chases and some fight scenes. I forgot the name of it, but Tommy Lee Jones stars. Check it out.

baggins
12-05-2003, 05:50 AM
if i ever started participating in Friendster, i don't think i would see dayligh ever again. i already spend way too much time on the internet as it is. i know i would get obsessed with Friendster (i already know a sh!tload of people who use it, but i just refuse) and it would be bad news. i was on makeoutclub.com for a while, but that place is way too indie-cred-tastic for me.

anyway, I met the girl i'm seeing in church. i figured since i wanted to meet a nice church girl (after realizing that a common Faith is something i was looking for in a girl), church would be a good place to look. so i did, and i found a pretty dope girl. not that i went to church for that, but it was a nice benefit...