PDA

View Full Version : Online Tourney Question

Guatarthree
12-03-2003, 03:51 AM
Hi All,

This is my first post the 2+2, although I've been greedily reading for a while. I'm a successful (mostly online) limit player, and have (un)fortunately decided to try to tackle tourney play. Can any of those of you who succeed in tournies (particularly online, but live as well) give me a sense of how often I can expect (as I get better) to make the money, final table etc. Thus far I'm averaging final table appearances at exactly 10%, but ironically not in the money at all otherwise. Those of you who make a living at online tournies, what are your averages and how often do you expect to get into the money, to the final table etc.?

I would appreciate anything you could offer me in the way of your performance as I'm not sure what to expect when going up against 800+ players online (or live for that matter).

Thank you all very much,

Guatarthree

eMarkM
12-03-2003, 11:04 AM
I don't play for a living, but I now have exactly 100 tourneys under my belt, nearly all of them $30 or higher buyins at Stars. Mostly the 10PM ET $50 HE events that will have 150 to 250 participants. I make the money 19% of the time and the final table 10% of the time. I have 3 out right wins, placed once, 2 shows, and had a three way chop. I've posted detailed results to this board for many of these events where I made the final table.