PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Problem

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 01:32 AM
This was really odd. Playing in a full game at Party. Here is the situation after the river:

I held KAo

There was a king and an ace on the board, giving me two pair, kings and aces.

At the showdown two other players each showed one king. The system said they split the pot with three kings each!

Of course that can't happen. I had a king, one was on the board, and they each had one, for each of them to have had 3 kings with only one on the board, and one in my hand, would take 6 kings!

I first requested the and history be mailed to me.I have the hand number and called the 888 number. She was hard to understand and asked me to log on again and contact a live floorperson via their chat. They told me that the system was down for viewing hand histories and that I should contact them via info@partypoker.com. I got into my email program and had a message saying that the hand histories weren't available due to a system problem. I sent them a message outlining the problem and am awaiting a reply.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? It would seem to indicate a possible major glitch in their system. I know they've had some problems today with their server and such, but this would seem like it would be software related. I've played thousands of hands there with no problems. I just wanted to share the info and see what anyone else might have to say. I've read these forums for a long time, but this is my first post.

Schneids
12-03-2003, 01:47 AM
I have no direct info to help you, however, I know of one time my friend was playing in a NL multi and went all in PF with QQ and got called by a TT that hit a set. Except, when it showed his hand in the showdown, it changed his cards to 77.

Irrelevent since either way he lost the hand; however, scary that it happened. Party offered no solution and basically told him he somehow confused 77 for QQ, which he obviously didn't.

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Wow, that is somewhat surprising that they didn't offer any better explanation than that. I told them the hand # and what the pot was, and that I thought the most fair thing to do would be to credit my account with the amount of the pot. It is the pits that it happened at a time when there are problems with their game transcripts.

As soon as there is some type of offer or resolution I'll post it here.

crockpot
12-03-2003, 03:11 AM
did you save the hand number? checking the hand history might help.

all kinds of crazy stuff has happened on party. awhile back, in a party poker real money texas hold 'em game, someone showed down a four-card omaha hand and won the pot. i'm still pretty confused on that one.

zamora
12-03-2003, 08:49 AM
i have a wonderful/amazing/horrible screenshot from party. i cant post it because i dont have an url to post it on. if someone can do this for me, please pm me and i will e-mail you the screenshot to post here.

zamora

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I expected to have a resolution to this problem when I checked my email this morning. I have a message from Partypoker saying that they cannot help me with this query because of the hand history problems. They asked that I contact them AGAIN in another 8 hours.

I thought my offer that they credit my account with the amount of the pot ($12.25) was a fair and fast way to solve this, as well as looking into why their software would allow this to happen of course. I am less than thrilled with their level of customer service, and greatly disturbed that something like this could even happen.

Schneids
12-03-2003, 07:14 PM
http://www.mtmtechnologies.net/party.JPG

Sorry, I don't know how to make the image show up in this thread.

fadedblue
12-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Lucy with partypoker credited my account with the amount of the pot, so all is taken care of. The fact that it happened has me somewhat concerned though. Someone suggested that perhaps my downloaded software is corrupted? I would think that could be a possibility. I am sure going to pay more attention to the showdowns from now on, whether I'm in it or not.

WarmonkEd
12-03-2003, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.mtmtechnologies.net/party.JPG

Sorry, I don't know how to make the image show up in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ] That is AWESOME. Well, not that it happened with real money, but it's still awesome.

how do you take full screen screenshots anyway? I just know how to do a screenshot of a specific window...

MrBlini
12-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Easy fold if bet into. Any 5 or 9 makes a boat, as do 33, 44, TT, JJ, and QQ, the king makes a higher straight, and anyone suited in /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs or /images/graemlins/spade.gifs has a flush. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigEndian
12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Press the "Print Screen" button. Open Paint or another image application and use the paste command.

- Groove

Stu Pidasso
12-04-2003, 01:36 AM
I have had that exact same bug (zamora party image)show up before playing real money tables. At the time I had a lot of other programs running as well so I figured Party Poker gets a little buggy when system resources get low.

I heard another poker site who shall remain nameless would on extremely rare occasions have a problem with cards not properly repainting when video memory would get low. The hand that appeared on the client was not the hand that the server actually delt the player.

Stu

AliasMrJones
12-04-2003, 02:00 AM
All those cards and still only have a lousy pair of jacks!

zamora
12-04-2003, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is AWESOME. Well, not that it happened with real money, but it's still awesome.

how do you take full screen screenshots anyway? I just know how to do a screenshot of a specific window...

[/ QUOTE ]

?
this was a real 5/10 6 max table. also note the pot size. i donīt know how a pot at those tables could be $4.

it felt great to finally get my pair at 9th street.

the background is that party was having connection issues and the site was obviously lagging a few minutes. suddenly this just appeared and i was quick to take a screenshot of it. we did not play the hand like this /images/graemlins/smile.gif