PDA

View Full Version : Hand from the 2+2 table

Brian
12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
The Empire Poker hand history requestor is down, so I don't have the full details as far as suits are concerned. I'm dealt QJo on the BB, and it's folded to BarryH on the Button who raises. This means any 2 cards, basically. SB folds, and I re-raise. Barry calls.

Flop is AA4, suits irrelevent. I bet, Barry raises. Do you take Q high to a showdown, or is this a case where his superior position lets him have the pot?

-Brian

Joe Tall
12-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Hmm,

I think you are beat. He doesn't have the Ace he has 55 or something like that and you could take it to a showdown but I'm sure you are beat.

Peace,
JT

slavic
12-03-2003, 12:47 AM
I'm saying your beat here.

Brian
12-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Hi Guys,

These were my feelings exactly. I am probably behind to a pocket pair, or maybe the Ace. I folded to the Flop bet, and he showed QTs (he had a backdoor Flush draw on the board). Ahhh... position.

-Brian

Barry
12-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Any 2 cards???

I'm hurt....

And I would have folded to a flop 3-bet from you.

Brian
12-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Hi Barry,

Well, obviously you would have folded to a 3-bet. You had nothing and were raising me after I 3 pre-Flop and bet the Flop.

-Brian

Barry
12-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but you didn't have much either...

You hated my preflop play, but I'm going to open raise with QTs on the button almost everytime.

You also hated my flop play here. You could have been restealing, so I raised the flop to see if you were. If you called, I would have checked the turn if I didn't improve. If you 3-bet, I fold; but if you were restealing you'd fold and I win the pot.

I'm not sure what's horrible about my play here...