PDA

View Full Version : $1-2 party poker game should I have lost more?

mrpurple
12-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Folded to me in Mid-position I raise w/AQ button calls the blinds both fold. Heads on a low limit party table is bizare. But, thats what happened. Flop coms Q55 suits irelevant. I bet he raises. I've never played this guy before. But,I'm thinking no way he's in there with a 5 unless hes got two of them. But, I get that funny feeling and just call. The turn A. Check, bet, I call again. Rivers a brick I check he bets I call. He was slowplaying Aces.

Now I don't mind losing the hand its irrelevent and I'm not trying to tell a bad beat story. I was never ahead. I'm wondering if I played to passively. I had top pair then top 2 and all I did was call.

Thoughts? I'm thinking I should of checkraised on the turn at least. I've been running bad lately (which is why I'm in 1-2$ trying not to move money back from neteller that I want in my bank account. I'm thinking it might of made me gunshy.

My play on this one has been bugging me all day.

crockpot
12-03-2003, 07:43 AM
i'd probably raise on the turn, and i probably would have three bet the flop, but it's pretty player dependent. most players will slowplay a 5 here, so i'm not really worried about that. i'd expect him to turn up with KQ or QJ.

i find it easier to avoid negative emotional involvement in your game if you don't dwell on how your opponent could play his hand in such a weird fashion. it happens all the time, but people never seem to get used to it.