PDA

View Full Version : One hand has impact on another, and another

02-09-2002, 04:51 AM
So it begins......Tight 6-12 game. Guy on my immediate right limps UTG with AA, all fold but the BB, he bets and takes it down. He then proceeds to yell at the table to loosen up, and generally makes a scene. I decide I'm taking his blind.

Next hand is his BB. I open raise UTG with Q8o. All fold to him, he folds, and I whip them face up and yell at him to loosen up. "Why you no gambo?" is my question for him. The table starts muttering amongst themselves as they see the hand.

A few hands later I blind steal in the cutoff with Ah2h. Old man angrily defends his BB heads up. Flop is 976 with 1 heart. Check-bet-call. Turn is a black 3. Check, check. River is a 7. He bets, I call. He shows KQo and I proudly fan out my ace deuce and take it down. The muttering starts to get louder.

Same orbit, I am UTG and open raise with TT. Smoothcalled by a tight asian who has been eyeing me during this sequence. All others fold. Flop is 6-4-2 rainbow. Bet, raise, reraise, reraise, reraise, reraise call. I think he would have 3 bet preflop with a bigger pair than tens, and don't think he could have any of this flop. I've got him on 88, 99 or AK. Turn is a 6, check-he bets-call. River King check-bet call. He shows AJo and my TT is good.

I rack up shortly after with most at the table still shaking their heads. The thing is, I don't think any of this would have happened if that guy hadn't been bitching about no action for his aces.

One thing leads to another, and another and another. This is truly a silly game we all play.

02-09-2002, 05:40 AM
i thoroughly enjoyed that post. especially wh Q8 hand...haha got balls goin for 6 bets on the flop on the other hand....wowza. glad ya were on the recieving end of those hands im sure.

ahh to be a fly on the felt after you left...hee hee hee....

nice one...

b