PDA

View Full Version : Frequqency of semi-bluff bets/raises...

02-07-2002, 06:25 PM
I am curious, how often do you all use semi-bluff bets/raises etc?

I find that the more often I semi-bluff, the less chance there is of everyone folding.

I usually just re-evaluate the chance of players folding based on what I've been caught with, and do it every time I feel it is justified. This is less likely soon after a semi-bluff bet or raise, but more likely early in a session with tight players.

02-08-2002, 06:01 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but I semi bluff at every single opportunity and especially when the pot odds justify it. So, if they fold I am happy, if they dont i am still making a profit from the pot.

As an Example:

Suppose I raise under the gun with AQ suited, the button cold calls, SB and BB also play.

Flop KJ2 (rainbow).

If I bet here and everyone fold i am happy with whats in the pot, but if they all call i am still happy since i am getting about 12:1 pot odds when all i need is about 11:1 for the gutshoot + I may have an Ace or Queen out.

This is just my opinon, but i think even if your semi bluff works sometimes you should use it as often as possible and if the pot odds justify it even better.

I am sure other will give you more detailed explanations but this is just my view. Hope i helped.

-MJ