PDA

View Full Version : NLHE Poll 3: Flop play from blinds.

allenciox
12-02-2003, 01:09 PM
I am having a hard time playing on the flop heads-up or against a few opponents from the blind in SNGs, once the blind amounts start to mean something (say at least 50-100). I wish to present some situations and I would be interested in what others would do. Assume it is a $50+5 Party one table SNG, six players remaining, each player has about 1500 chips. In the first three rounds of the SNG you have established an image as a tight, rock-type player. All other players in the hand are average players in aggressiveness and tightness.

Greg (FossilMan)
12-02-2003, 02:07 PM
None of the above. This question results in too many if-x-then-y answers for a multiple choice question.

Firstly, I don't call preflop. I raise all-in, most of the time.

As for postflop, I would seldom bet out. I woulf often check-call, but not if both players came in. That is, if I check, next player bets, and second players calls, I usually fold. If the next player bets and second player folds, I would usually call. If either player mini-bet, I would call unless I knew that they tended to mini-bet as a feeler, in which case I would raise, possibly all-in.

Lots of other variations, depending upon what I know about the players.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

curmudgeon
12-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Just like the man (fossil) said... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GrinningBuddha
12-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Out of curiousity Greg, what is your dividing line for the all-in preflop vs. a call or fold? Let's say there's just the raiser in the hand, folded to your SB and you hold 99, or 77. How big does your pair have to be to push in most of the time? How small does your pair have to be before you fold? Assume a typical opponent, not overly aggressive.

Thanks!

sdplayerb
12-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Agree. Just push in. It is 6 handed and you are down to 15x the BB.

Additionally, nobody is going to consider you a rock in an online Sit n Go when you are only at round three.

Also, if you think you are behind with JJ, you can't call hoping to flop big as you aren't getting the implied odds to do so for 20% of your stack.

Greg (FossilMan)
12-03-2003, 12:24 PM
It's too situational to draw a line. It depends upon the depth of everybody's stack, plus what I know about the opponents. A huge factor is what hands do I expect them to lay down, and with which will they call.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Al_Capone_Junior
12-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I can't see any reason not to go all-in before the flop. Had you done so, then there wouldn't be any choices as to what to do on the flop.

al