PDA

View Full Version : The normal way and the Cyndie way.

Lori
12-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Cyndie has stakes in a software provider, in prop schemes, in her own poker skin and in countless affiliate schemes.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but a sensible thing to do here would be to use your provider to run your skin.
This has the dual purpose of giving you cheap/free software and also advertising while making a profit.

Recruiting props for your own site rather than others would also make sense, as would advertising your site, rather than sending people to every other site APART from your site.

Now, far be it for me to critisize a self-proclaimed marketing genius, but isn't all this a little odd?

Lori

thomastem
12-02-2003, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cyndie has stakes in a software provider, in prop schemes, in her own poker skin and in countless affiliate schemes.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but a sensible thing to do here would be to use your provider to run your skin.
This has the dual purpose of giving you cheap/free software and also advertising while making a profit.

Recruiting props for your own site rather than others would also make sense, as would advertising your site, rather than sending people to every other site APART from your site.

Now, far be it for me to critisize a self-proclaimed marketing genius, but isn't all this a little odd?

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Has she been able to buy an 18K car or a drum set with all this fiddle faddle? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cyndie
12-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Cyndie has a family...they seem to think that money should go to them...but the last one graduates high school, so four more years of college and I might find time for a drum set or an $18,000 car. I do have a $2,500 piano.

But the business philosophy that Lori misses is diversification. Putting all your eggs in one basket is a problem if the basket falls. I wish I didn't have to spend so much time explaining the differences in philosophy.

But one more time...In America, if you try to make a profit, they don't charge you as much tax...therefore, the "accusations" that I am greedy or money grubbing are volatile translations. My point of view is that I am abiding by tax laws that are set up by our government to stimulate commerce which they can tax.

It becomes a way of life, looking for win/win situations works better than looking for win/lose situations, so I find it makes better sense to make deals that are beneficial to both parties...That gets criticized as "normal" versus "cyndie" Why?

I would love to leave this to people to decide for themselves. I would not attack any others who wished to do things in a less business oriented way. The thing is, so many have asked for tax and affiliate and prop information, that I don't see the evil.

Lori
12-02-2003, 01:23 PM
The thing is, so many have asked for tax and affiliate and prop information, that I don't see the evil.

Because you don't tell them that you are making money from it.
These people think you are doing them a favor, when you are actually taking money out of poker each time you do it.

Lori

Stagemusic
12-02-2003, 01:41 PM
But one more time...In America, if you try to make a profit, they don't charge you as much tax...therefore, the "accusations" that I am greedy or money grubbing are volatile translations.

Wow...at the expense of generating more butchered english phraseology. In the name of...whoever please do not try to sound like a college professor that swallowed a thesaurus. I was taught to write and talk at a 70% level to the audience. That simply means do not try to overspeak. Do you really think that the average poster on this forum has a Masters degree??? Or are you just trying to sound important?

Cyndie
12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
well, i don't make money from the tax information...and when people ask about affiliate information I explain clearly the income is Shared...does anyone have any clue after all the posts about making profit that affiliates and prop managers make money...hopefully...Gosh, more often than not, the prop programs are more income for the props and the managers than I ever see...Lori...many are services. I design programs for the long run...not the quick buck big hit and then go on to the next idea.

Lori
12-02-2003, 01:51 PM
If you don't mind this all being out in the open, why do you always get so offended when it is brought up.

I have very rarely seen how much prop managers make mentioned on this forum, maybe you'd care to enlighten us.

One day, you will get it into that stubborn head of yours that the T+C of this forum clearly prohibit the sort of BS that you come out with, and I imagine that it is only because Mat enjoys a good laugh that he bothers to let you post here at all.

Your purpose has been revealed over the last few days to be nothing more than spam, many of the older posters knew this already, I think many newer ones are becoming convinced.

We know you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but we did try. Maybe you could bow out gracefully?

Lori

Oski
12-02-2003, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could bow out gracefully?

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this quote amusing, considering someone named "Lori" dredged up a 6-month old thread attacking Mary ("Cyndie").

Yes, we all get it...some people have an agenda; some people may spam; whatever, who gives a damn. Read it or pass on it. You seem to waste just as much space pointing out the obvious.

Cyndie
12-02-2003, 02:08 PM
ok, i will only respond to requests, because for the life of me i saw no criticism when eugeneel advertised his upcoming affiliate program, but i get flack when i don't even mention names unless someone asks.

Vehn
12-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Nice edit Lori.

Flaming "cyndie" for doing rake rebate/affiliate stuff is hypocritical. Other "highly regarded" posters here do the identical things she does. "Taking money out of poker" means taking a small amount of profit from the site operators. Watch as I play the world's smallest violin for them: ---><---. Darn, they won't be able to afford a new solid gold house and rocket car this month. Not like we the players would see any of that money unless we go out and get it. So don't flame her for that crap. Flame her because she's annoying, her posts have a constant air of self-importance and self-promotion, she has no morals, and worst of all, her posts are utterly unentertaining and frankly bore me senseless, and there's 50 of them a day clogging up the mildly amusing stuff that I actually enjoy reading and pushing it away.

Got it?

Lori
12-02-2003, 02:38 PM
But one more time...In America, if you try to make a profit, they don't charge you as much tax

How much do you need to earn before they charge none at all?

This sounds like an amazing system.

Lori

HavanaBanana
12-02-2003, 02:44 PM
ONLY IN AMERICA!!!

http://sl100.com/timages/page/rich_don_king.jpg

jek187
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for the life of me i saw no criticism when eugeneel advertised his upcoming affiliate program,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you so deep in your cups that you don't remember the beating Eugene took here? He's gotten slammed pretty hard for spamming. But even though he's a bragging spammer, he's still an order of magnitude better to have around than you. Hell, at least he can make coherent posts, and all his posts aren't self promoting.

HavanaBanana
12-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Cyndie, aka Spammie seems to believe that two wrongs make a right.
In a former exchange with here she was PMing me , oh but this and this Zooer does it too.
I understand she used to be a teacher, but she sounds like a school kid.
You are so selfserving that it is discusting.