PDA

View Full Version : head to head w/o a pair against a bluffer

jt1
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
I was in the BB in a loose semi-aggressive $3-6 game. Somehow it was folded all the way around to the little blind. LB is a bluffer. I had seen him twice bluff all the way to the river. He raises me. I have KJs. I re-raise. He calls.

The flop is AQ6 rainbow. He bets. I call

Turn is 8. He bets I call.

Flop is 2. He bets. I call. What do you think?

LetsRock
12-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Either raise the flop or fold. Find out where you are right now.

I have a hard time against aggressive bluffer types myself - they always seem to have the goods when I decide to make a stand. But one thing that seems to work on SOME of these types is to turn the tables. Sometimes if you punch back, they'll run away; it's risky but once you knock him down a few times he'll usually calm down a bit.

lil'
12-02-2003, 12:57 PM
You know what I hate? When I have two face cards and the other two face cards come on the flop. Ugh.

Yeah, you've got the best no-pair hand available, but how often are you ahead? Is this guy steal raising with absolute trash? Does he bluff pre-flop or post flop? Does he stop bluffing when he is raised? You didn't say.

I think I would wait to call him down when I catch a piece of the flop. You'll have plenty of chances to take his money later.

Maybe I am giving up too quickly here.

LetsRock
12-02-2003, 12:59 PM
LOL - it's pretty frustrating to have nothing but a gutshot to show for a pair of pints in your hand and in the flop.

I've been privately bemoaning this (seemingly endless) occurance myself.

Louie Landale
12-02-2003, 02:35 PM
If his weakness is bluffing you have no reason to 3-bet, even with AA. Well, actually the only reason TO 3-bet is if the 3-bet will cause him to stop bluffing; which apparently doesn't apply to this situation.

With KJ, either you need to improve or you need him to bluff all the way.

- Louie