PDA

View Full Version : My chat privileges at UB have been suspended

Hung
12-02-2003, 08:51 AM
LOL, they took away my chat.
A few days ago I openened a new table at UB, I took a seat and waited for players. First guy comes and takes a seat: players: BigAT. He sit downs with $10. I have $25 (standard). I know that most of the players that come with a small stack will hit and run. I wanted to sit out, but decided to give it a try. After a few hand he outdraws me with a flush and doubles up. He immediatly leaves the table. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Not very nice. So I decide to chase him down. I found him on another table with $10 again. I took a seat and said: why do you run away? Are you chicken? no response.
After awhile he wins another big pot from me and says: you're a loser and then leaves.
It was decided. I was going to kill him. No matter what. One day later or a few day later, can't remember. I saw the same guy and I took twice his all in. I felt much better. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
We talked (if you can call it talking) a few times and he said he won about 2k a month and that I am just a loser. I bet foolish and have no patience. So I'll never become a good player. The fact that I won twice did make me feel better. But I needed to rub it in. I saw him at the cetn tables and asked him: He BigAT, what are you doing at the cent tables? A great player like you should play bigger tables. No reply. So I left.
Yesterday he played for UB points. I guess, he has no money left. So I said: see mail frm UB.

The guy got mad and e-mailed UB to take my chat privileges.
I'm not saying that I was correct. They had the right to take my chat privileges. But why don't they take his chat priviliges? I just wanted revenge. And I'll beat the hell out of him next time without saying a word. I hate hit and runners.
He can call names, and I can't? Life is unfair /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I didn't say anything bad, I just made fun of him. Oh boy, I did feel good. 8 days without chat isn't that bad. I guess I'll have to play on another site for a week where I do have chat.

Hello,

The chat privileges on your account at UltimateBet have been suspended. We wanted to contact you to let you know the exact reason why we have taken this action.

naruto (obs) says "what happened to all your money BIG AT?".
naruto (obs) says "You told me you win about 2k a month?".
naruto (obs) says "yesterday you played the cent tables and today for UB points
rangle says "mybe he meant 2000 cents or ub points".
naruto (obs) says "he's a joke, pretty funny so see him like this".
naruto (obs) says "he was all big a few days ago when he hit and run ".

Al_Capone_Junior
12-02-2003, 11:13 AM
That's a bit much to take your chat away for that. I too HATE those hit and run AZZHOLES. No one that plays that way can possibly win, but they keep doing it. And it sure pisses me the hell off when they win one pot and leave. So I REFUSE to play against them anymore. When I am at a new table and someone sits with a short stack, I say "sorry, I don't play heads up against short-buyers, wait for a third."

Then yesterday a known hit and run short-buyer bought an extra $300 when I said this. So I told him "that's better but I still don't play heads up."

the bottom line is that when someone passes up a nearly full table to play heads up, there is a 99% chance they are a hit and run azzhole. For this reason I NEVER EVER EVER play heads up unless it's in the heads up area.

al

tiltboy
12-02-2003, 11:43 AM
This is yet another reason why I no longer play at UB. As far as taunting goes that was pretty meek and mild.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-02-2003, 12:00 PM
I just wanted revenge. And I'll beat the hell out of him next time without saying a word. I hate hit and runners.

No offense, Hung, but taking it personally is a very bad form of tilt. Be patient. Maybe he'll come to you, maybe he won't. As long as you win, he's irrelevant.

Greg (FossilMan)
12-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Who cares if they hit-and-run or not? All I care about is whether they put that money in as a favorite or a dog when they do it.

The only hit-and-runners I hate are the ones who are holding down a seat, waiting for that one premium starting hand to either lose or double up with, and while they're waiting for that hand they're keeping a losing action player from getting into the game.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Hung
12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't tilt easily. Not for small stacks.
I got mad at this guy, because I was already half tilt. And then a guy like that shows up and runs with my money. And his comments. I got pissed and went after him.

I'll do it again. I'm not mad, I'm a calm person, but I like to get even. An eye for an eye, isn't that what they say in US?

I feel way much better now.
Sorry that I posted this in the wrong thread. I was meant for internet gambling.

see ya,
Hung

Easy E
12-02-2003, 01:40 PM
for the Belgium forum dying off....

Nottom
12-02-2003, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An eye for an eye, isn't that what they say in US?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can blame the US for this one.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-02-2003, 02:49 PM
An eye for an eye, isn't that what they say in US?

Actually, that phrase comes from the Old Testament, Leviticus if I'm not mistaken.

mosch
12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this is the original source for that quote.

CrackerZack
12-02-2003, 03:09 PM
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart [from her], and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges [determine].

Exd 21:23 And if [any] mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

Exd 21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Exd 21:25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Exd 21:26 And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake.

Wingnut
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I thought it came from Hammurabbi's Code (obviously not in English). Maybe that was just the gist of it and not the actual words.

Ray Zee
12-02-2003, 07:48 PM
sounds like from your post all he did was sit down and play and decide for himself when he wanted to quit. as all can do. then you stalked him around the tables and made comments. i would stop you if i was the management as well.

thats just how your post reads to me.

its never fun to have someone hit and run but better you get to play a few hands as a big favorite than nothing.

rigoletto
12-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Can't we at least blame Florida then?

scrub
12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
The short buyers are inevitably idiots. If you have a clue, you clean them [as a population] out more often than they get you. Why mess with a good thing by acting like a baby?

scrub

Al_Capone_Junior
12-03-2003, 06:49 PM
If I enjoyed playing heads up it would be different. Obviously you are right, but I really do hate heads up limit poker anyway. I don't mind three handed tho. Although it's purely psychological, I really do hate those people and don't EVER want to supplement or reinforce their stupidity by losing a pot.

al

J_V
12-03-2003, 11:17 PM
They suck because they win more than they lose. In a one on one setting that annoys me. Therefore I am annoyed more often than I am pleased and I am teh better player and it shouldn't go down that way. Stop toying with my emotional EV you annoying hit and runner.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Well you see another problem with them is that if they win, they leave. If they lose, they usually only bought in for the minimum, so you stand to lose but just barely stand to win. So buying in for $300 when they sit down with $30 means you stand to lose $300 but stand to win $30 (minus the rake of course). As long as they keep winning hands they usually stay, but if they lose one, but are still up, they're gone. I just hate these people no matter what the considerations, and refuse to pander to them. And believe me, when the game goes back down from three to two players, I immediately sit out.

al

Beerfund
12-04-2003, 01:02 AM
You hate hit and runners bc they take youe money?!?! If this was a +EV then evrybody would be doing it. Just quit putting ur money in when ur in a -EV situation(IE. when you might only get to play a few hands)

Hung
12-04-2003, 04:09 AM
You know it was not really the EV that bothered me.
I make enough money playing and I enjoy playing. Most of the time I win playing HU. But I just don't like that guy, because of his comments and his play. He talks big when he wins.
It was not even about poker. I had to go after him and I did. I got him twice and if I can beat him a third time I will. And I'll rub it into his face.
It does not make me a good player or a better player. It just makes me feel better. Revenge is sweeeet.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-04-2003, 11:11 AM
I already stated in an earlier post that it's not as you said. please learn how to read. I just find them especially irritating and wanted to go off on the subject. instead i have someone with a WHOPPING thirty-something posts calling me a moron. Well i'll be REAL SURE to keep looking for your posts in the future!

al

CrackerZack
12-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Are they really missing the point? In this case, its probably true, that the money won will be put back in the poker economy. So this hit and run is little more than annoying. But what about something like Chris Moneymaker or Robert Varkonyi winning the WSOP? Do you think there is any chance the 4+ million they won will get back into the poker economy? So even though at low limits its usually little more than an irritation, someone who hits, cashes out and takes the money elsewhere is actually hurting poker's economy.

I guess the same can be said of winning and not putting your winnings in your bankroll and moving up, its all about poker's Darwinism.

scrub
12-04-2003, 05:35 PM
The easiest way to make sure that money leaves, or fails to enter, the poker economy is by being unhospitable to bad players.

scrub

Ian Cognito
12-09-2003, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It was decided. I was going to kill him. No matter what.[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW.

Good thing you're not insane or anything.