PDA

View Full Version : AC Taj games

SoBeDude
12-02-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm making my first ever trip to AC this weekend.

How are the games at the Taj these days? I'm interested in the 10-20 or 20-40 games. Someone told me they have become tough? I hope this is not true.

How about the Borgata?

Thanks in advance

-Scott

RollaJ
12-02-2003, 08:45 AM
10-20 is very soft, Id say you should be able to find a game with an avg. of 6 people going to the flop.
20-40 I find top be much more aggressive with a lot of people being loose-aggressive, but this being the case if you choose your spots there is good money to be made, but the swings are larger. Let me know if you'll be at the Taj, you can say hello /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SoBeDude
12-02-2003, 08:50 AM
I'm staying at the Taj, so I'll definitely be there.

-Scott

Buckshot
12-02-2003, 11:03 AM
I've played many, many hours at the Taj and never found trouble finding a good game. I've recently played at the Borgata and played 10-20, 15-30, 20-40, 30-60 and pot limit. I found that at each limit the games were spectacular. I even played 2-4 and bagged a Benji in an hour.

I think it boils down to atmosphere for me. The tables and chairs are much better at the Borgata as well as most of the patrons and waitresses. Except one guy that was being belligerent and obnoxious at the 2-4 table this past weekend. The Taj's chips are easier to stack and shuffle but some of the players there are just generally bitter about life and everything in general.

I'll make sure I'm at the Skipper's table and I'll make a mint /images/graemlins/wink.gif heh

~stephen

PS. Follow a short, always half shaven, Russian med student too. He's always good for a rack or so.

ElSapo
12-02-2003, 11:08 AM
The Taj's chips are easier to stack

This is because years of dirt makes them stick together like glue. The real problem is unstacking them.

James282
12-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Is the pot limit game at the Borgata as good as the others? My eyes had little dollar signs in them when they announced that they were going to spread it, but I was already in a good limit game and honestly I just got cold feet since I didn't bring enough cash to buy back in if I took a couple bad beats. As to the question, I've never had much trouble finding a good game at the Borgata since it opened since there is so much hype around it. Combine that with the ambience and I personally think the Borgata is an easy choice... and I mean... Beer in the bottle doesn't compare to the frat-party like beer in a plastic cup at most other places.
-James

Buckshot
12-02-2003, 12:34 PM
I could give you many, many stories from this past weekend of the stuff that I saw, but I'll only give you the one that made my decision easy:

Pot Limit, 5-10 blinds, 9 players. Limper UTG, 3 callers, BB raises the pot and everyone calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets the pot, UTG reraises the pot, everyone else folds. BB hesitates 1/100th of a second and reraises the pot. Soon enough all the money is in the middle to the tune of ~$6,000. The turn and river are inconsequential. Ready for the hands......?

BB 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif and UTG had J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB said, "That's the last hand I thought you would have." UTG said, "I thought you had Aces." BB gets up and about 15 minutes later returns with another wad of cash.

I quickly put my name on the list.

~stephen

PS. Yes, the bottled beer is definitely an amenity that keeps me at the Borgata.