PDA

View Full Version : Re Buy tournament stradegy

kingstalker
12-02-2003, 03:05 AM
I particpate in the Pokerstars Rebuy tourneys and have noticed that the play before the first break is awful, often times there are twice as many re buys as there are players in the tournament, but usually I am not getting in on this action because my stack is usally about 2000-2500 by the first break, should a player be more aggresive in this period where there is wild play and try to accumate more chips? I.E play more hands,ete,etc

crockpot
12-02-2003, 04:23 AM
in most of the low limit rebuy tournaments online, you will see plenty of crazy play by people who are trying to get lucky and accumulate a big stack right away. thus, you should be willing to significantly lower your standards for value betting and calling accordingly during the early period. don't go crazy, of course. but play like you would in a wild and crazy ring game.

(note: this is a huge knock on PLO rebuy tournaments on UB. typically on the first hand, you will see at least six people go all-in preflop, and since it's omaha, it is very unlikely that one of them has an EV over .25)