PDA

View Full Version : 8h 10h from the BB in 10-20

Kenshin
12-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I am sitting at a 10-20 table at pacific poker against 3 other players (2 decent, 1 unknown). UTG folds, button calls and the small blind raises. At this point I make the dubious play (is it?) of calling with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The flop comes down 8 4 2 with rainbowed with one /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets, I reraise, button calls, SB reraises. Is it correct to call this raise. I put the SB on an overpair. A heart comes on the turn and I check and call. A miracle heart appears on the river and I check raise. I believe I played the hand correctly; however, I am not certain about the initial call and the 3 bet call.

sweetzer
12-01-2003, 09:59 PM
For one bet I would surely call a small blind raise, especially with only four players at the table. The raise on the flop, calling the reraise and check calling the flop all seem correct. And you got lucky with the backdoor flush. I question the check raise on the river but it worked.

astroglide
12-02-2003, 12:40 AM
this post is terrible.

"sb bets, i reraise" it's a RAISE.

what happened to the button? it only mentions that he called the first raise on the flop. are we to assume you checkraised him on the river?

for what it's worth, i think the initial call is fine.