PDA

View Full Version : Blatant Collusion

bsk1999
12-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Party Poker, $10 + 1 SNG.

After 3 people are knocked out early, two people have large stacks, 2-3 times more than the next. One of them says to the other after a pot they were involved in became heads up "Let's not let that happen again. Next time we should check it down. No reason for us to risk our chips."

I laugh for a second, man that's strange, really should say that.

Then, for the next 5 hands they are heads-up, they check it down.

I call for the floorperson, they go to the table and watch (at least they said they did).

I end up getting knocked out and leave, never to hear anything again from the floorperson.

I want to know what happened, and what action was taken, anybody have any advise?

I'm really upset because the first pot I got involved with them after the first comment, flop comes and I pair my queen, but on a AQ3 board I fold to a big bet by one of them, only to watch them check it down and split the pot with K high.

Comments appreciated

Greg (FossilMan)
12-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Get the hand histories. Report them to customer service, or whatever department is appropriate at that site. Let them know that you expect to hear the outcome of their investigation. If they won't investigate, or won't tell you what actions they did or didn't take, inform them that you're taking your business elsewhere. Then cash out and do just that.

Any site that won't take the time to investigate charges of collusion, all-in abuse, or other forms of potential cheating, doesn't deserve to get our business. That's what I like best about Pokerstars. They take your allegations seriously, and get back to you promptly with the results of their investigation. It appears they have a numerous and competent staff onsite in Costa Rica.

I can't say the same for some other sites. With the amount of profit these places are making, they can afford to provide us with this level of service. If they don't, we shouldn't patronize them.

This is exactly why I quit playing at UltimateBet a couple of years ago. They said it was against their policy to inform me as to the results of an investigation, and as to the penalty, if any, they gave to a player.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Schmed
12-01-2003, 06:15 PM
I really like pokerstars the best. I have played party a little and paradise a lot. I like Paradise but they don't have the multi's like stars.

As for collusion. In this case it sounds more like one of them made a flip comment and they ran with it. Certainly collusion but not two guys on the phone together both sitting at the same 5 handed table jacking the pot when one of them has the nuts.